RWS Group: Favorite Card

Richard

For me the favorite card is probably the High Priestess. I like the pagan Isis symbolism combined with the Biblical (the Torah and the Jachin and Boaz columns). In PKT, Waite writes, "There are some respects in which this card is the highest and holiest of the Greater Arcana."

Chiriku

Six of Swords.

Besides displaying the same arresting, linear visual interest as the rest of the suit of Swords (my favorite in most decks), I feel Smith's artwork on this card contributed a lot to the interpretation assigned it by Waite, et. al.

It's a very evocative image: the huddled, hooded passengers with their backs to us; the surety and strength of the oarsman as he pushes them into unknown waters; the swords standing tall and straight like sentinels keeping watch for new lands.

If a non-RWS deck based on the RWS images doesn't have a good 6 of Swords, I'm not happy. I don't know if it would be a total dealbreaker, but unhappiness would ensue.

Tiddles

Yes, the swords are definitely the coolest looking of all the suits imo. Of the swords I love the 2,3, 8, and 10 most.

Bhavana

I have more than a few favorites, but I suppose if I had to narrow it down, number 1 would be the 9 of Pentacles, this woman has it all, home, garden, beautiful clothes, pet bird, big gold coins to buy more tarot decks with....and 2 would be the Knight of Swords - he is going places, get out of his way!