Crystal grid for creativity

jolie_amethyst

I had a couple of people ask about the crystal grid I've been putting together to try and boost my creativity. This is something of a first draft; I freely admit I know nothing about grids beyond what I've learned from the internet, have never seen one in person, and can't feel energy from crystals so I have no way of knowing for certain if this is even working. We'll just have to see over time. :joke:

Stones used:
Vanadinite (on barite matrix) center specimen
Carnelian (3 - 1" hearts)
Sunstone (3 wands averaging 1 1/2")
Clear quartz (3 wands averaging 1")
Tiger's Eye chips as a base (about 1/2 pound xxmini size)
One pebble with "Create" on it from a collection of little "word stones"

All materials were chosen after a lot of searching on good crystals for removing creative blocks or promoting general creativity. Vanadinite is especially good for writers.

Already, I know there are changes I want to make. More tiger's eye, in a larger chip size, is in the mail. The xxmini size was smaller than I expected, very tiny flakes, so I'll mix in the larger size that's more like aquarium gravel. I'd like to find some double terminated clear quartz (or herkimer diamonds in a decent size) instead of the current wands. And it needs some untreated natural citrine or smoky citrine.

I opted to work in 3s--most grids I've seen tend to use the flower of life pattern and often use 6 of each stone. Aside from cost and the size of my dish, that just didn't feel right. Maybe because 3=Empress in my head and the mother of all things creative, maybe because most of the triangular grids I saw online used the Celtic triquetra as a base, and I tend to be attracted to that side of my heritage? I don't know.

The grid sits on a corner of my desk, as do most of my other stones. The Artisan of Wheels card pictured is from the Sacred Bridges tarot, and came in a package from our own MoonGypsy. When I looked up the meaning of that card, it was natural as a focus for the grid, so it is placed beneath the dish. I have a few readings/images I may print out later and tuck under there as well, all related to my potential in this area.

I think this is a good start. It feels right so far, if not quite complete yet. I feel like the additions I have planned might "turbo charge" it, but that it's a decent foundation for channeling creative energy even as it currently is built.

Recommendations, advice, or just a bit of positive energy sent to the grid would be welcome!

(More pics coming, can only seem to load one from the ipad, so it'll take a few...)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 182

jolie_amethyst

Photos from the computer aren't cooperating either, so...Close up of vanadinite from original ebay listing--actual specimen is about 2" x 2.5".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 172

RiverRunsDeep

Thank you for sharing your ideas and your pictures. I've never heard
of a crystal grid, but I find this very interesting.

I do think it's ironic that you made this grid to inspire your creativity, yet
it seems that you were quite creative in the making of it! :)

I hope it gives you all the creative inspiration you need!

jolie_amethyst

Thank you for sharing your ideas and your pictures. I've never heard
of a crystal grid, but I find this very interesting.

I do think it's ironic that you made this grid to inspire your creativity, yet
it seems that you were quite creative in the making of it! :)

I hope it gives you all the creative inspiration you need!

Thanks! Yes, it is rather amusing to create an object to foster creativity. :joke:

I actually first heard of grids in this forum, but the how-to of how to make & use them came from elsewhere on the web. This is one article covering some of the basics: https://crystal-cure.com/article-crystal-grids.html

And this is a post that was interesting covering why you might want to create them: http://blog.etemetaphysical.com/crystal-stone-grids-wth/

For those who can sense the energies from crystals, I bet grids are amazing. For people like me who can't...well, they're an attractive way to display crystals, and hopefully the intent is enough to achieve some sort of result. I think my next one might be a prosperity grid, because more money is always welcome!

G6

Thanks, this is really cool!!! I've been wearing Tiger Eye quite a bit lately and enjoy it. You gave me plenty of new ones to research! I look forward to hearing your progress with this new energy, thanks!

jolie_amethyst

An update: I've mostly been too sick this week to really give this grid a chance to do anything. And having been sick, I'm behind on all the fiddly bits of being a grownup that need to get done, which also isn't good for creativity! I did add six small tumbled smoky citrines from Africa to the outer ring of the grid a few days back, but that's all.

But after tearing my office apart to find some papers I couldn't locate, making a phone call (which at least alleviated a decent chunk of anxiety, that always helps!), and then putting my office back together again so it's back to being one step away from utter chaos, I sat down for a break.

And I mentally drifted straight into my work in progress. More than that, I got a whole scene and a vital piece of the puzzle that I hadn't understood before. I went back into the office and wrote until the heat drove me out of there. (Stupid abnormal weather and no AC.)

I've also spent a fair bit of time thinking through some jewelry I want to make, though I haven't pulled anything out to work with yet.

It's been a very crystal oriented day overall; spent a long time this morning with a big smoky quartz wand I have and my labradorite "pet rock" on me before I got up, and then I've been wearing an amulet with smoky quartz, carnelian, and natural smoky citrine--the latter two match pieces in the grid, and I've asked them to maintain a connection and work with their "friends" who arrived in the same shipments.

Is it working? Jury's probably still out on that. But it's definitely interesting...

celticnoodle

Thanks for your update. Sorry you are still feeling under the weather and I do hope that turns around for you. Perhaps making a crystal grid for good health is something you should do? I have heard of these crystal grids before, here, I believe, like you mentioned.

I think its a very interesting idea, but alas, I do not have enough crystals I don't think to create one myself....yet. ;) However, it is inspiring to think of doing so--especially after reading through the sites supplied on why and how to do a crystal grid.

I love the crystals that you have set out too. Very pretty--especially the one you gave a close up of. Good luck in your pursuit of obtaining your wishes with the grid and please, continue to keep us posted. :)

jolie_amethyst

I probably should do a health grid. As usual, my priorities are clearly backwards--I can remember being at the hospital with pneumonia while it was still touch and go whether I'd see the outside world again, and the ONLY thing I could think of was that I should have finished writing the damn book. :joke: (Some of that *might* have been the fever, but my best friend thinks that was perfectly in character for me. LOL)

Problem is, as you said, having enough crystals to do the job. I'm not at that point yet either, but I should research which ones would be most helpful for certain conditions, and then figure out how to get them without spending an arm and a leg.

celticnoodle

I probably should do a health grid. As usual, my priorities are clearly backwards--I can remember being at the hospital with pneumonia while it was still touch and go whether I'd see the outside world again, and the ONLY thing I could think of was that I should have finished writing the damn book. :joke: (Some of that *might* have been the fever, but my best friend thinks that was perfectly in character for me. LOL)
:laugh: oh my!! (did you finish writing that 'damn' book after you recovered? :confused:
Problem is, as you said, having enough crystals to do the job. I'm not at that point yet either, but I should research which ones would be most helpful for certain conditions, and then figure out how to get them without spending an arm and a leg.
yeah, you and me both! However, you can look in the crystal section here at A.T. and find a lot of good recommendations. Even doing a search here could help. I should take advantage of my own advice too!

I do have some crystals too that I do not recall the names of and the problem I face is that they resemble SO many crystals, its difficult trying to remember WHAT they are! :bugeyed:

*sigh* but, one of these days, I hope to be able to figure that part out....:laugh:

jolie_amethyst

:laugh: oh my!! (did you finish writing that 'damn' book after you recovered? :confused:

Nope. Some months later, I had a character basically show up as the villain, announce he was really the hero (typical villain), make a huge mess of the plot, refuse to die when I told him to...and yeah, still stuck. :p I inch a bit closer a little at a time, though, with small breakthroughs like today. Everything I have so far, some 95K words, is now such a disaster that logically I should scrap it and start over with something else. On the non logical side, I've been told by several different divination sources and several of my own readings that it will eventually be done and published. Go figure.

Have you tried posting good pics of what you have in the way of unidentified stones? We have so many knowlegable people here, they could probably identify at least some of them. I know getting good pics is sometimes a bit of a pain though.

I'm hoping to feel well enough to go to a local rock & gem show this weekend, as I'm kind of tired of gambling on what you get online. But it's about 90 minutes each way including a ferry, and I just don't know that I'll have that kind of energy. If not, well, there's a small one much closer in October, and that should be easier to manage.