Strength rx as what someone wants in a lover

CaliforniaVirgo

I think it has more to do with trust.
Back to look at the Strength card Reversed - control, influence, manipulation issues. The 'Not to be involved' could point to more a relationship which is a long-term based on friendship. Im not talking friendship with benefits - Im talking about a little piece of space in a serious relationship for her to get comfortable with while the relationship is developing. Maybe its the sheer confusions of how to achieve the balance of give and take, and to find that person.
I have more thoughts about the card, but they seem to be drifting into other areas away from the question and not relevant, so I'll leave it there :)

Hmm...you may be correct, but my knowing her so well doesn't seem to see it that way. Only because she wants everything so quick...she's 38 and wants babies so she doesn't really want to take things slow, if you know what i mean...but perhaps she needs to. Thanks you for your input!

CaliforniaVirgo

I'd say that she wants vulnerability in her partner. She wants to the be the strong one in the relationship, and to have the other person be emotionally dependent on her.

I also see a potential for co-dependency here. The other cards would show that more clearly.

This answer fits nicely with her many other love spreads I have done. Co-dependency has come up for her a few times. I couldn't quite word it right, but I like how you did. When I looked at the card my intuition was telling me it wasn't a healthy energy for that position. I think you nailed it

CaliforniaVirgo

I've avoided replying to this, but I keep coming back to the ides of rough sex: a little bit of restraint, perhaps, as a turn-on? Maybe previous partners have been a little *too* gentle for their tastes.

Hmm.. I would not know. She comes off very quiet, but that doesn't really mean a thing. The few times we watched a funny show like sex and the city and "stuff" comes up about different sexual experiences, she seems to scoff at them...but again that could mean anything.

CaliforniaVirgo

Sometimes a dark night of the soul that has to be faced alone. The card warns of anxiety or ill health, depression and a need to pull back and tend to the self. Trying to add a partner to the mix would possibly be disastrous. This may just be a low period for her but if it represents an ongoing situation the negative way of thinking will cause further damage to her self esteem. Spiritual healing would be beneficial at this time. Possibly experiencing delayed shock or numbness and most certainly disappointment.

Hmm, I would have never interpreted this card that way but it fits her right now. I do sense she has a lot of inner work to do and she has come along way but I think she wants a partner to "make" her happy, although we all know no one can make us happy. I think she needs to figure out why she can;t be happy right where she is, but that's just my opinion. I have recommended a wonderful energy healer for her and I believe she is considering it.

I agree that adding a partner is not a good idea until she is healed, I have told her this many times!

CaliforniaVirgo

I love all the answers on here, but this is the one is exactly how I've read Strength reversed in a what does someone want from a lover/relationship spread before, and it was exactly the situation. Someone who wants to do the taming; someone who wants more control over the situation (than they've had previously). Given that your friend just got out of an abusive situation, it would make sense to want more control (for some people).

But in reading for a friend with a deck with standard imagery for this card, it might be worth outright asking--"do you want to be the lion or the lady?" And interpreting from there.

From knowing her, I agree with your interpretation that she wants more control. She has had none previously as the relationships were all one-sided and she wore rose-coloured glasses.

I really liked your idea to ask the client whether they want to be the lion or the lady! I wrote it down in my cheat sheet book!

DJP

Could it not be representative of wanting someone passionate?

Visually strength reversed could be seen as one's passions overriding the intellect or 'higher' faculties.

Just a thought.

CaliforniaVirgo

Could it not be representative of wanting someone passionate?

Visually strength reversed could be seen as one's passions overriding the intellect or 'higher' faculties.

Just a thought.

DJP,

I like it! It makes sense from knowing her. I should have clarified in hnidsight!