Question about RW Magician

Tk2dsky

On the edge of The Magician's Table are some written symbols....what do they symbolize?
Thanks,
Ericka

stonepsycho

I've never actually given thoise much thought, i had always assuemd they were just random table scratchings!
There doesnt seem to be any distinct form in the symbols.. well, none that i can see anyhow.

Tk2dsky

There are waves....I assume represent water. (movement)...and a dove (spirituality)....the middle symbol I cannot make out. I am looking at the Universal Waite...could it possibly be different?

B*B
Ericka

Grigori

I'm not sure if the first symbol is waves or mountains. There are a series of zig-zagging lines as in the aquarius glyph, but they do not line up as you would expect with water, and touch at odd angles, so they look like the mountains.

I have an enlargement of the card and cannot tell what the middle one is either. It does not seem to resemble much of anything :confused:

Given that the symbols are on the table next to the suit signs, my thinking was it could be a reference to the Aces. i.e. the mountains of the Ace Swords, the dove of the Ace Cups (but flying upward rather than downward). The middle on then may be suppossed to be something from the Ace Wands, and then the three mother elements would all be there....?

Attachments

• table edge.jpg
    table edge.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 325

Tk2dsky

could the middle one be fire?

Thank you for the close up.

B*B
Ericka

Fulgour

Aleph Magician

It's a REBUS for "Miss Pamela Colman Smith"

Mountains + Plains + Cat + Spirit = MPCS :)

Did you even notice The Magician is pointing
exactly at her signature down in the corner?

And it's even a kind of tenuous "PCS" at that,
kind of like it's growing up out of the margins.

"Aleph" is about beginnings, and Pam had fun!

Fulgour

another question:

D I N appears on the table leg...

Grigori

Fulgour said:
Mountains + Plains + Cat + Spirit = MPCS :)

Where are the plains Fulgour? Below the mountains perhaps? (this question is not supposed to sound geographically stupid :laugh: )

I am not to sure that squiggle is a cat either :D but it would make a nice fire reference also if it is indeed a cat.

PS I asked an acronym generator what DIN may stand for... It replied Darned if I Know! (true story) :laugh:

Fulgour

1.mp 2.c 3.s

^^^ mountains (over) ~~~ plains

then the cat seen reclined and facing to the right,
there's a head to the right and a tail to the left...

the bird/spirit symbol

"DIN" is a guess... and then, is it upright,
sideways, or reversed... or what really?

Tk2dsky

Thank you so much Folgour!

B*B
Ericka