USG NEW TIN DECKS!!!!!!!!!!

starlightexp

Seems USG will publish Tarot de Maria Celia this year? Not sure if it will be their TdM in a tin? Anybody have info?

I just may faint if this happens

blue_fusion

Seems USG will publish Tarot de Maria Celia this year? Not sure if it will be their TdM in a tin? Anybody have info?

I just may faint if this happens

Just gotten word from USG that it will indeed come in a tin. :D The timetable's around 4-6 months more - but this means it will still be out in 2017. So excited about this! It will be great to have a smaller Marseille-inspired deck in a tin! Such a wonderful time for Marseille and decks inspired by it - and not just because of Tarot de Maria Celia. :)

banbha

They seem to release tinned tarots in groups of three....I wonder what the other two are!

HearthCricket

This deck looks amazing! And definitely has bold enough artwork to slip perfectly into a mini size for the tins. This is definitely going into my collection! Still hoping for that Sacred Rose in a tin though! :D

starlightexp

I am so happy now. It's one of the few decks I want to add to my collection this year :)

Shade

Of course the consensus is that a tin is a wonderful addition to any deck but I wondered what people thought were the decks that most benefited from the new size. I have the PCS Commemorative in a Tin as my on-the-go deck in my briefcase but I was contemplating getting the Aquarian or Morgan Greer to swap in. Did either of those decks improve in their smaller size?

G6

Of course the consensus is that a tin is a wonderful addition to any deck but I wondered what people thought were the decks that most benefited from the new size. I have the PCS Commemorative in a Tin as my on-the-go deck in my briefcase but I was contemplating getting the Aquarian or Morgan Greer to swap in. Did either of those decks improve in their smaller size?

The tin size is actual pocket size that USG has been producing for quite awhile. I have a Rider from 1971 in that size and although the box has held up well a tin would hold up better. The durability/portability seems to be the main factor. I enjoy the pocket or tin size mostly to conserve table space, but I did get another vintage Morgan Greer and traded away my tin version. I guess for me it depends. In the case of the Morgan Greer, I found that I prefer a full size vintage, which was easy enough to obtain. The appeal of the tin line seems to be for OOP or unpublished decks to become available if the art makes sense in the smaller format. I didn't think the Sun and Moon Tarot made sense in tin size.