Netflix (or Redbox) Tarot-style

drwitz

Imagine there were such a thing as a lending library of Tarot cards where you could pay a fixed fee per month and then check out as many Tarot decks as you wanted (one at a time, of course). You would simply send them back when you were done, and then the next one on your list would come your way.

What Tarot deck would be at the top of your queue and why?

For me right now, it would be the Ellis Deck. I want to try it out before I commit to the purchase, and I would love to see all of the cards... This way, I could read with it, see if it works for me and then buy it if it works for me.

drwitz

New forum for this topic. Thanks to the mods for making the suggestion to move it here where it fits better.

Anyone want to comment?

Better yet, anyone want to fund the startup costs to make the Netflix Tarot service a reality? Smiles!

Mellaenn

Cool idea! I do this with exercise DVD's; I borrow them from the library and then buy them if I like them.

There are a number of decks that I would like to 'borrow' if this were a real service. The first one that pops into my head is the Mountain Dream Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mountain-dream/). It's got an interesting story behind it and as with the other decks I'd borrow, I'd frankly just like to see all 78 cards.
Also, before you actually handle a deck, you can never really be sure of the way the cards will feel in hand.

stellar4

The Greenwood - to see if it is as amazing as everyone says......

TRIANGLE

Oh wow, both of those decks look terrific.. this is a dangerous thread!

I have a cheeky dream-netflix-tarot-loan.. I'd like to see the original Silent tarot by Silent Citadel. And the finished printed tarot too. But I'd love to hold the original collages. They look so beautiful and tactile.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174376
(She doesn't have an official AT 'page', but this thread has more info!)

Blithildis

I don't know if you're aware but the silent tarot is still available on etsy :)

Autumn Spice

I would love to borrow The Granny Jones deck. There is just something about this deck. Every time I see pictures of it I want to touch it. To read with it.

There are others, but this would be first.

Lilianne

I'll go for the Bagong Sining (majors only) deck. It's about the only way I'll have it in my hands!

happyfish

Haha, fun topic drwitz. :)

Right now, I'd check out Wildwood. It's pretty high on my want-list, but I'm still not sure I'll like it. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews.

Laura Borealis

Definitely the Greenwood. And the Ironwing. And the Mary-el Majors deck.

What a great idea. This should be reality!