Not Sure

AutumnMoon_Isis

:)Greetings.I am very new to tarot,to the point of only knowing of Rider Taort Deck that I just bought .Is this the group to be in to learn the basics for beginners?I am trying to learn and familirize myself with the suits and the name of each card.Any help would be appreciated.Ty
BB
AutumnMoon-Isis

Little Baron

There is a Rider Waite study group here for you which there are a lot of past threads to delve into - lengthy discussions on the cards, their interaction etc. There is also Thirteens Tarot Basics which are an excellent start. They can be found through the main page of Aeclectic.

Aside from that, today I have just started off a thread called Comparitive Study (in the Using Tarot Cards section) which looks at one card at a time, with contributions from all people and their different decks. The first card is The Lovers and I have entered a post using the Phantasmagoric Theater Tarot. By all means, read the basics around the cards but a good way to start is to get the creative and intuitive juices started by looking into the cards and thinking about what YOU see and feel. There are no completely wrong answers and hopefully, that thread will help you see how other readers interpret the images.

Look forward to hearing your first thoughts from the Rider Waite.

Good luck and best wishes

Yaboot

truthsayer

welcome autumnmoon_isis! please go introduce yourself in the new member section so we can all properly meet you. :)

you can use the search feature at the top to check out the archives for old threads about reading decks. go to tarot decks, talking about tarot, etc. and just read. even if you are a beginner you will be amazed at how much you learn in a short period of time just by reading posts in the tarot sections.

Sulis

I agree with Truthsayer and Yaboot, definately check out Thirteen's Basics it's really helpful.

Another good site is www.learntarot.com

There is a free on-line course there which is based on the Rider-Waite deck.

Love and light

crystalmynx xx