Thoth Court Card "Moral Characteristics"

Barleywine

Updated Table

I updated the table to add a Minor Arcana column. The titles and images help to make sense of the astrological associations.

ETA: The Book of Thoth excerpts have been rectified, and the revised table has been substituted. Unless I get constructive feedback, I think I'm done.

Attachments

• Thoth Court Card Characteristics.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 945

DDwarks

Thank you very much for this Barley, it's very much appreciated.

Barleywine

Thank you very much for this Barley, it's very much appreciated.

You're welcome! Be sure to grab the latest (and final) table from my last post.

Thoughtful

Thank you Barleywine this is such a good added bonus to my study of the Thoth :thumbsup:

Barleywine

To those who intend to use this:

Except for the direct quotes lifted from the Book of Thoth and, to a lesser extent, The Astrologer's Handbook, none of this is "gospel." The rest is my somewhat free-form interpretation of the more rambling or inconclusive statements in both of them. The best example of this is probably rhe Princess of Disks, for which Crowley said he was unable to be definitive because she tends to respond to the nature of her influences. So I improvised from what was there, including his "Yi King" references.

smw

This is great, really helpful. I had no idea the courts had rulership over three small cards. (I have seen tables with it in- but it zoomed over my head).

Barleywine

This is great, really helpful. I had no idea the courts had rulership over three small cards. (I have seen tables with it in- but it zoomed over my head).

I've never been entirely sure if it's rulership, or if the decan cards are inputs. Maybe both. The astrological definitions for the decans seem to help it all jell in my mind, although they're more wide-ranging than the card meanings.

Babalon Jones

Wow very nice resource!

I am the Knight of Wands, middle decan of Sagittarius so 9 of Wands decan. I prefer "focused" to "narrow-minded" though :p

(It all fits pretty well though even the less flattering stuff can be true at times)

Zephyros

Wow very nice resource!

I am the Knight of Wands, middle decan of Sagittarius so 9 of Wands decan. I prefer "focused" to "narrow-minded" though :p

(It all fits pretty well though even the less flattering stuff can be true at times)

I'm the Prince of Discs, first decan of Taurus. He's a very difficult fellow, no doubt about it. This is one of those cards that usually rings rather uncomfortably true, especially the "Worry" part. ;)

Barleywine

Wow very nice resource!

Thanks! In nearly all cases with the decan meanings, the more negative stuff comes at the bottom, similar to the "ill-dignified" card meanings.