Is there a study group for learning Tarot in general?

Ayram

Sulis -

It's getting late and I'm tired and feeling pretty slow right now. I think I'm missing something and I know you're trying to get something through to me/us! The 78 day study group can't be found under "study groups," right? It's confusing a little but I'll still remember that. Meanwhile, are we allowed to form a small innocent study group of our own if we choose to, and if so, can we post about it here under Tarot Study Groups?

I couldn't tell from your last post if you were clarifying or giving a warning.

Thank you...

p.s. the 78 days study group seems really great and we'll probably end up doing that, but with a new smaller group (if it's even an option), we can start at the beginning together (The Fool, or Magician), now, and we can chat/share/ask questions of each other as true beginners. But maybe you guys don't want the forum to get cluttered with a bunch of small groups all studying individual cards and at different times, which I can understand. I'm used to other forums (not Tarot related) which couldn't care less what group is formed and what method they use, as long as it's all respectful. But I appreciate the tidiness of this forum, too. :)

Ayram

Oh no!! I just realized my last post to Sulis is probably going to get moved cause it's no longer on the topic of a study group! It's so easy to get off-topic. :-( Sorry moderators!

Well...Sulis...hopefully if it gets moved, you'll find it!

werdy

hiya
thanks for the suggestion
it made sense in what you had suggested and really dont know why i never thought of getting a rider waite for initial learning and getting the hands on approach and getting a more of a me kind of deck where i can learn at my own pace and feels comfortable for me

i am going to visit 2 or 3 shops tomorrow after work and see what appeals to me as i have looked at the sites suggested and find that there is too many that i like
i have tendency to go for the animal based i have noticed
also just about all on the top ten so i think i will end up a collector hehehe
maybe i should start adding to my wish list so i can look out for them in the future
thanks for imput was very informative and helpful

Ayram

Werdy -

You're welcome, and thanks for not being too overwhelmed by that huge post!

Ooh - I've seen some lovely animal cards on here and I think also in person. Though i can't remember now which ones they were. I know the word animal was in one though (well maybe that's obvious).

Yeah I forgot to mention how the ONE DOWN SIDE about getting more than one deck is that once you've "tasted" more than one deck, the obsession begins and before you know it you're considering yourself a collector of tarot decks! I already feel that way and yet I know so relatively little about tarot, it really feels kinda pathetic/silly.

I hope you'll post tomorrow night and tell me/us what decks or decks you bought! Good luck!