Tarot and Sexuality Study Group, Anyone?

Apocalipstick

Considering most questions seem to be relationship related, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a study group on this topic.

Obviously, this would have to fit within the guidelines of the forum, but some of you may remember the excellent thread on the sexuality of the High Priestess (in "Understanding Tarot Cards") some weeks back, so it can definitely be done.

As a general idea, I was thinking no erotic decks; those already give a specific slant to how a given card can be expressed sexually.

This would be a card by card approach. Something like, how would whatever card be expressed sexually? In a relationship? Romantically?

Any deck works fine. The idea is to understand the card in a love, sexuality and romance context.

Anyone interetsed?

Edit: This is the Index Thread for this study group. All links to card threads will be found there.

suedeheadsmiths

Well being a newbie I'm not sure how I'd do, but I find this very interesting and loved the High Priestess thread.

Chris

funkyfairy

A really good idea

Hi apocalipstick,

I think it would be a very interesting thread/discussion. As you say the majority of questions on the forum relate to love so maybe we could all learn a thing or two.

I'd definately be interested. :)

Star-Willow

Yes Please

Sounds very interesting...... I missed the other thread you mentioned, so will go and look for it now and check it out....
:love: & :) 's

franniee

yes for me too....

cherryberry

I think that sounds like an interesting study group :) i am up for it :D

red11

Sounds interesting :)

elvenstar

sure why not? after the high priestess we get to find out what kind of underwear every major arcana character is wearing :D I wouldn't miss this for the world! hmmm, I think I already know what kind she's wearing... errrr, anyway, count me in.

Apocalipstick

Hey, looks like there's a healthier interest in this that I anticipated. Great!

I'm currently a bit pressed for time, so if everyone doesn't mind, it won't be until this weekend that I can dedicate more than 15 minutes or so to this.

In the meantime, everyone feel free to bring up ideas on how to best get this going. I was thinking maybe adding in some kind of, "If this card could date, it would..." section, which could be a fun way to explore the possibilities.

And, of course, anyone else who wants to jump in with suggestions or comments is more than welcome to do so.

I can't wait to see how this works out!

suedeheadsmiths

Ace Of Swords

Well Apocolapstick said to start with the Ace of Swords, so here's my thoughts. A hand poking out of the air with a sword that bears a crown with leaves and yods flowing from it. (referring to WCS or Rider Waite) The sword seems pretty phallic to me, and the yods can be seen as semen. Ok I'm a male, so maybe it sounds sexist, hope not, don't mean to be. But that's the way I see it. I guess it helps that I've read this card can refer to fertility. All I can think of at the moment.

Chris