Tarot and Sexuality Study Group, Anyone?

Apocalipstick

:confused: It was a suggestion, you know. Hardly an absolute.

I'd like to know what everyone has to say about it. It might be more conducive to discussion if all of us agreed on what we're doing.

Besides, anyone can start a thread at any time. It doesn't have to be just one person.

Hmm... need an index of threads too. And a PM to one this forum's mods, I believe, as soon as a thread is started.

I'm becoming more confused by the minute. It's just too late for thought. :p

sweet_intuition

Well, if this study group does come about, I'd love to be a part of it

Apocalipstick

Wonderful! The more the merrier. :)

I was thinking of getting us started with the Ace of Swords tomorrow, but anything would work just as well.

franniee

I am confused....am I supposed to give mey thoughts or chill for a bit..... well here they are if you want them otherwise....nevermind ;)

I see the ace of swords as a pop! Soooooo I see it as a loss of viginity or a conception ~ when the sperm breaks the barrier of the egg.

If this card could date .... he would be a person who is strong and driven and forceful - someone who wouldn't take no for an answer - pushy......

The crowned one

Symbolically the wands and swords are male symbols and cups and pentacles are receptive female symbols. Richard Cavendish, in "The Tarot" Suggests all the trumps have a sexual aspect, I think this might be slightly over stated,but he has a point. The union of man and woman is central to everything from magic to life, so it is not surprising to see a lot of sexual symbolism in tarot.

Apocalipstick

Okay, for organization purposes, here is the link to the Ace of Swords: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1059988#post1059988

All comments regarding it, go there.

Franniee, the point I was trying to make was that I wanted to hear what everyone though about how to get started, not that I didn't want to hear anyone's thoughts.

:laugh: Wouldn't be much of a study group then, right?

I believe the way this works -- someone correct me if I got it wrong -- is each card gets its own thread, a link of which is sent to one of the forum's moderators, as well as placed in the index of threads in the study group.

That why posting your insight in this thread may make it difficult to keep things straight. :)

Does that explain things better?

franniee

oooops so sorry ;) I can't follow directions.....never could })

iseekserendipity

Oops!

I hope it's okay that I sign up (even though my time is very... irregular!) after posting! And please PM me or something if I get off-topic! I really get into subjects, but I know that when I type, I literally type as I think, so what you get is my train of thoughts as they come... I know... Scary!

firemaiden

LOL. I think I'll stick to "field research" on this topic. If I have any interesting results, I'll report back.