Lover's Path - Magician

Astraea Aurora

Maybe someone can help me find the pentacle in the Magician card (named Magic) in Kris Waldherr's Lover's Path.

You know it was my daily card two days ago, and I am used to Magician cards where there are four elements depicted, usually a wand, a sword, a cup and a pentacle.

But this card only features a sword and a cup lying on the table and a bowl of burning incense in Vivianne's hand! Where on earth (no pun intended :D) is the pentacle, or a coin or something like that???

Is the tree or Merlins transformation into a tree to symbolise the pentacle?

Also I could imagine the burning incense to depict earth (the incense itself), fire (the fire keeping the incense burning) and air (the smoke) altogether. But why on earth need a sword on the table, then?

May someone help me? Please, please?

Greetings, a frustrated Astraea Aurora :grin:, searching everywhere for her beloved pentacle

Demon Goddess

I do not know the card or the deck, but Zach Wong's Revelations deck uses the pentacle to represent the earth on his Magician.

(edit)

to iterate, the pentacle is a teeny tiny dot on the circlet about the magicians head.

Enchanted

Hi Astraea Aurora

Sorry I don't think you will find a pentacle in this card. :(

The accompanying book says that "He (Merlin) is surrounded by the instruments of alchemy which he has taught Vivianne to wield"

I take it that the sword and the cup on the table represent the masculine and feminine and the bowl containing a steamy type of potion as the transformative element. As this card depicts Merlin being transformed into a rowan tree.

But I might be wrong as I know next to nothing about alchemy. :rolleyes: Maybe someone who does can help you out here, so I'll attach an image of the card.

Attachments

• I Magic (Merlin & Vivianne).jpg
    I Magic (Merlin & Vivianne).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 268

Astraea Aurora

Hi Enchanted and Demon Goddess,

I don't know anything about alchemy either but I could imagine it to be somehow like that.

It is irritating.

I guess I'm going with the rowan tree for both pentacle and stave, it feels right for me.

It is irritating. Why depict the sword and the cup explicitely and the pentacle and the stave symbologically?

I don't know.

Guess I can live with that. Tree = pentacle and stave.

Thank you both for your help. Astraea Aurora :grin: