Tarot Shadow Work: Support Lounge

Master_Margarita

I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend reviewing and expanding my Star of Discovery and Stars of Recovery (well, only a couple of them) to include the minor arcana/court draws.

Adding the additional cards to the stars led to some fascinating revelations for me, but it is exhausting work. I've decided to start doing the work in Word rather than in my bound journal because I keep going back to add stuff. I'm going to have enough material to make a spiral-bound Book of the Shadow by the time I'm done.

I'm still not remembering much of my dreams, and I wonder if I should remain stuck in that place before I move on to the next chapter, which actually seems to have some slightly cheerful stuff. Like, ways to "solve" all these problems I'm seeing so clearly.

:heart: M_M~

inanna_tarot

I personally dont dream very much, and when I do its fairly big and weird dreams that I remember them. So I'm not too worried about the lack of dreams and just made a note to write down anything I remember, and if I remember nothing then to not worry about it.

autumnsdaughter

Moderndayruth, it is fine to call me ad- I do in pm's frequently.

The way I understand dreams is that they tend to bring up subconscious stuff that we aren't dealing with... and that if you need to remember a dream, you will.

I think, because this shadow work thing is a lifelong process- not something that can be totally completed- it would be fine to move on to the next chapter, as long as one keeps in mind that at some point, we'll probably go through all of these processes again, at a deeper level. This is one thing that is really challenging me, because I tend to like getting things done, but I need to be more open and patient with this stuff.

moderndayruth

autumnsdaughter said:
I think, because this shadow work thing is a lifelong process- not something that can be totally completed- it would be fine to move on to the next chapter, as long as one keeps in mind that at some point, we'll probably go through all of these processes again, at a deeper level. This is one thing that is really challenging me, because I tend to like getting things done, but I need to be more open and patient with this stuff.
ad, patience is one of my lessons too - having patience with myself, not rushing the process. It takes time. The good thing about it is that ones we are through the rough stuff, we go through the process againg, but it's more like finer polishing ;)
Love and Light
mdr

thorhammer

Kat taps timidly on the door to the Lounge. The door squeaks desolately as it swings reluctantly open . . . the Lounge is deserted. The fireplace is cold, discarded coffee mugs stand about on the occasional tables.

She sets about sorting it out . . .

Twenty minutes later, the place is cleared and she is bending over the fireplace, a healthy flame hungrily devouring the kindling. She feeds some larger fuel on the flames and then pads to the nearest armchair.

It is surprisingly comfortable . . .

Hi, all :) If anyone's out there, I'm starting the Shadow Work today. I finished an IDS with the Wheel of Change recently, and needed to move onto something absolutely different. So a change of deck, and a change of focus.

Is anyone still going with this?

\m/ Kat

mac22

Welcome!

Been a bit quiet of late....

Mac22

huredriel

I haven't been, but keep meaning to .......... not looked at my first drawn cards (Star of Discovery) in months ........ me bad!

So yeah, am around on and off, although not posting much :)

thorhammer

Thanks, guys :) I have done my Star of Discovery, which raised a lot of stuff for me - I was astounded at how powerful it was! - but then went on a holiday and haven't had a chance to get my teeth into it too much.

I'd like to hear some more from people . . .

\m/ Kat

inanna_tarot

I havent looked at my shadow spreads as life has been too good for me to sit and look into the dark mirror.

But hopefully next week or so, as we shift into the dark half of the year I'll get the headspace to play with it more. Im very keen to continue the process, its not just one you can systematically do in a month or something. Needs time to float around.

thorhammer

inanna_tarot said:
its not just one you can systematically do in a month or something. Needs time to float around.
You're right - it really sneaks up on you. As soon as I did my first Star spread, I started to feel better, and it's been a pretty good week ever since. I feel a lot better now, and it's just been so simple. Just a matter of starting out on the road, and I was so scared of it to begin with . . . I'm so glad I started. It's been such a reassuring experience.

Because I'm using the Secret Forest, with the monochrome image of the card on the back as the reversal, I'm in a bit of a quandary as to whether I should meditate with the reversal, or the front, as a kind of invocation. I think both :D not that I think I'll be getting that much done in the near future. The thought of meditating with all six of my cards, then with the four that are reversed as well, all in one go, is so exhausting. I really think it would be better to do it one card at a time.

\m/ Kat