Dreaming with tarot cards

aphrodisiactrip

Hello everybody. I have been reading for two years now, and for the past weeks I have been having strange dreams related with my tarot cards. They are commonly about things that happen to them (they suddenly are on fire and become ash, they get wet and the print is damaged, the images are caught of of the card, and so on). So I really don't understand what this means, as if they were in danger of something. Anyway, two of those dreams actually showed a clear image of a card. The first dream, I read myself and I get the Ace of Cups, and it is sparkling with glitter and lights. And yesterday, in the second dream, I am reading myself, and I am scared of something, I get out two cards, one being an unknown card (a dead black cat upside down) and the Devil Reversed. I was horrified of the Devil Card, I even tried to hide the image with my hand, and I really felt scared, as if it was a nightmare. I tried searching since I woke up, trying to look for something related to this. Maybe the cards want to tell me something?

Hope someone has an answer for me. Greetings from Santo Domingo and thanks in advance for anyones reply!

CrystalSun

Yes, most definitely they try to tell you something. Not sure what but I have had dreams about my cards too. The dreams were more often in the period when I didn't do tarot at all. They were CALLING me.

Regarding your dream, I suggest you to try and write it down and then make a connection with them and with what you are feeling about in real life. Maybe the cards are trying to tell that YOU are in danger. Better to prevent it, right?

PS: Welcome to AT. Enjoy your stay here. :)

Flames

In the first dream with the ace of cups, you probably felt peaceful, joyful...Sometimes, we are overcome with emotion and our cup "runneth over"...We, inadvertently, project onto the cards.

The black cat symbolizes a fear of your own feminine power or intuition, perhaps, or a fear that the tarot or specific cards are associated with evil, darkness, and bad luck...that's why you maybe felt horrified to see the Devil card.

No card is inherently all good or all bad. Having an upside down dead black cat and the Devil reversed suggests these images have no power over you unless you give it to them...unless, you attach negative meanings to them. I think that this card and these images reflect your fears. Maybe, you put your hand over the card because you didn't want to face or see something you feel has more power over you. The card can't hurt you. Maybe, it's an irrational fear and it wants you to acknowledge it. When you acknowledge it and see it for what it really is...you won't be attached to that which you see. You'll develop objectivity. I think the cards are encouraging you to..perhaps explore your ideas, thoughts, beliefs about certain cards. Did you grow up with any specific or unique symbolism attached to the images you're seeing?

The Devil reversed, to me, also says that you want to free yourself. That's how the subconscious is coming through. Maybe it indicates your desire to cut the chains that bind you. That's a good sign. Sometimes, we need contrast, to see BOTH what IS good and beautiful and what is hidden from us (our shadow self) in order to integrate different aspects of ourselves.

Shadows and Sparks go together....Darkness and Light...When you delve into the tarot or if you use it as a tool of self-discovery and personal development, you'll be required to see things about yourself, good and not so good things (which has nothing to do with "evil" per se), in order to grow and become a more balanced human being. The important part is to remember that there is always movement between moments. Nothing is static...so, all things must pass. I think you're being urged to explore with courage. :)

I'm a dreamer...and I often dream of cards, especially when I'm delving and exploring :)...and every time I've seen a card that "troubled" me, it was because I feared what I didn't understand. When I understood, the fear left me. I was even thankful for the card that showed up because it gave me an opportunity to understand myself better. :)

Just my thoughts...may or may not make sense...in any case, all the best to you.

nisaba

They sound like anxiety dreams - are you currently living through a period of uncertainty and anxiety?

I think your dreaming mind is trying to tell you that it thinks that if you were to do a reading for yourself, it would be bad news and perhaps if you are feeling frail you shouldn't.

Then again, I relish bad-news-readings - they give you a chance to prepare for or even avoid upcoming problems.

danieljuk

the really intriguing thing about dreaming about tarot cards is that dreams take the symbolism of the dreamer. So the meaning of the cards in the dream are your own interpretation of them or a symbol in them, even if they are completely different to what anyone else thinks! Think through carefully what is your association and inteprtation of each of the cards, what does the lights or ash or situation around the cards mean in relation to the meaning? Some people adore black cats, I used to have one. Some people think they are such bad luck! Dreams are all about your association and feeling on each symbol.

To me this is a dream about freedom and maybe emotional freedom! Ace of Cups with it's glitter and lights, things flowing! Devil (reversed) with it's negative situation around it, well you realise that you are trapped in some way, that flowing is blocked. But with the reversal of the Devil, you know what it is! Now you just need to work to free yourself or get that Ace of Cups flow going :)

I had a dream recently of a female friend (or acquaintance) holding the Queen of Wands to me in the dream. It puzzled me but then I realised it is saying that she is the Queen of Wands! That is her personality. Tarot Cards in dreams is interesting because it allows a big message in just a card you see!

aphrodisiactrip

thank you everybody!