Very depressing reading done - need help

SunChariot

I had a tarot reading done yesterday by a very knowledgeable person. A person who you would all know and recognize. A top expert in the field. It was done in person. I shuffled the cards of her deck.

But the cards were pretty bad. Well, the whole reading was pretty bad. Ok, really bad and depressing. Not to get into details about the specifics of my situation, but something along the lines of - you gonna wait a long long time before things change for the better and then when good finally happens it's gonna end after a short period of time (4 wands) abruptly, unexpectedly and painfully (10 swords and reversed 3 swords). And when asked if I can change this outcome the answer was a definite no (lenormand's whip, key and snake)

Now, this stuff really really got to me. I am in pain since then. I've been having an extremely hard time in my life for several years now, with the last year being just unbearable where I am borderline suicadal most of the time. I've done a tremendous amount of work on myself and was actually starting to feel pretty good about my life and my future. It seemed that things will finally start going well soon. I was being positive and hopeful. I went to do that reading because she was in the area and frankly I wanted to hear an affirmation that things will start looking up very soon and I will finally be rewarded for my suffering and hard work.

But no. It was an incredibly depressing reading. And it really got to me. Especially the part of getting something good after waiting for it for a long time and then that good abruptly and painfully ending.

Now my question is this - how do I erase this reading from my mind? How do I convince myself that it was just one of the possibilities. What can I tell myself that would make it all "go away". I don't want it. I wish I never went to her. I was so positive and hopeful before and now I feel that I am sinking back into a depression. I am thinking to go and do another reading on the same topic with somebody else - just to see if maybe I will get a different result. I know it's dumb, but maybe it will be more positive. But then again, what if it will be as bad as the first one. Then I will really get all things affirmed.

Please help

Thank you

Imo, famous of not, that was a very bad reading. First of all, imo, a reading is always supposed to make the querent feel better in some way, not worse. Yes, sometimes the cards show something we don't want, but a reading should be helpful. It should show something positive...either the ways to fix the situation, why is it ultimately for the best, what good will come of it, what important life lessons can be learnt that will enrich the querent....

In my mind, a reading that leaves the querent feeling worse is a failed reading as the aim or a reading is to help. And I can't imagine anyone getting that reading and not feeling worse afterwards. She said some pretty pessimistic depressing things.

I believe when you do a reading there are always two sides to any situation. Nothing is all bad, so you show the positive sides too, to balance it out.

To answer your question, one thing you can do is to realize that the information you were given was about the future. And the future CAN change and WE can purposely change it. That means that what she predicted does not HAVE to come true, you can change it. And that is good to keep in mind.

When doing readings about the future, at best, all the Tarot can ever do is show you one possible future amongst many. Anything you do differently from now to then can potentially change that future. You can purposely change it. What she told you is not law. It is nothing more than one possible future. You do not have to go down that path and end up there.

If you don't think of it as fact, then it feels a lot less depressing, no?

In fact it may be a good thing. If that is what that reader say, then maybe you were heading down that path to end up there. If so, that is valuable info for you to know. Because NOW THAT YOU KNOW, you can change paths and end up somewhere else.

I would next have a reading done by someone less depressing and ask what steps you can take to end up where you want to end up. And take them. Maybe even try to find out what you were doing that was attracting the unhappy future so you can stop doing it. And that ought to change that future for you.

A reading should always give hope not take it away! That is very bad, imo, to tell someone something awful will happen and they have not chance to change it. No mention of any good to come for it or why it is meant to happen...Nothing. I do not believe in life anything is that negative. All things have more than one side to them.

BTW, those cards could mean other things. When you asked if you could change the situation, for me Whip, Key and Snake could mean yes. It could mean that if you want to stop repeatedly (Whip) heading down that path, then the key (Key) is to stop telling yourself things about the situation that are untrue, twisting the facts (Snake). There. Not only does it tell you it's possible, it tells you how to fix things. Not exactly which things you would not be seeing clearly, but it tells you how to undo it. Then you just need to ask what you were not seeing clearly. That is what it would mean to me, for whatever that is worth.

Imo, that reader may have a lot or experience, but not as much tact and caring and empathy as was needed. And I do not believe that life sends us anything that is not in our best interest overall. That means that when we are sent something we don't wish for, we CAN either change it, OR if we cannot it's because we are not meant to because something truly beneficial to us will stem from it, that we will be grateful for later on. Those are very much my life beliefs.

Babs

ctrymaus

Just a little thing I want to add: In Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", this is the question Ebenezer Scrooge asked of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come: "'Before I draw nearer to that stone [gravestone] to which you point,' said Scrooge, 'answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?...Men's courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead,' said Scrooge. 'But if the courses be departed from, the ends will change. Say it is thus with what you show me.'"

And we all know that because Scrooge changed his ways, he lived a long and happy life instead of dying the very next Christmas, with no one to mourn him.

So even though the outlook is bleak, through changes we make, we can change the outcome!

Personally, I always see tarot readings as snapshots in time. Those are how things are *at that time*. But things change, and even little changes will affect the outcome.

CountryMouse