The tarot majors and the years

werewolfmoon

2012/2013 was a particularly tough couple of years for me, I've had the lot; death, divorce, debt, my old life ended as I had known it and I was left standing in the smoking ruins, it was all very Plutonic - an astrologer friend did tell me that Pluto was transiting my chart and it would be grim for a while, boy was she right.

Anyhoo, this got me thinking about the Tarot.

2012 - A pure 100% Tower year.
2013 - A true Death year/Hanged Man year, lots of things ended for good and I was forced to wait for various things to happen, some good, some not so good.
2014 - Temperance - this year really kicked my arse and tested my mettle both emotionally, physically and professionally.
2015 - Is this going to be the Devil year I wonder? And what could that possibly entail?

Has anyone else had a similar experience to mine?

WolfyJames

We've got similar years.

2012 was an Hanged Man year for me, but it felt like a Death year, because I felt compelled to get rid of stuff. I started with books in the spring, cloths in the summer, and the locker in the autumn. I think it was the year my mother spent 4 months at the hospital so I had to take care of her and her things. It was a hard year. But at the same time it was a good thing for me to get rif of stuff, because I was told I was finally accepted in an HLM, and I'd move in 3 months so I had to hurry packing, so it made less stuff to pack. I moved at the very end of my Hanged Man year so I spent my Death year in my marvelous new place.

Death years have always been awesome to me, so 2013 was a really good year living in an awesome new appartment (the previous one was atrocious), discovering a new neighborrhood, new malls and stores. The only issues I had were accidents that I had so I had to spend time to recover. Some things broke, like the vacuum cleaner, the small oven and my razor, but they were all replaced by newer better more powerful products, so I don't really have regrets over that.

As for this year, 2014, it's a Temperance year, and I've never had one since I check my years, so I did not know what to expect. Since my previous appartment was too small for Chrismas decorations, so I decided to set up my tree and village. My cat started pooing and peeing all over the place, including some of the places for the tree and village. I felt so overwhelmed by the Christmas decorations (I have a lot!) and the mess, I ended up doing in june to put the decorations back in the locker. He did not ruin my decorations though.

I went to the vet for my cat, he was sick, and I spent a fortune each month for that, because I could not let him go. He did not really get better, and in the meantime he ruined more things. So I decided to let him go, it was hard but we were both suffering.

And recently I had some issues in my kitchen but it's resolved now.

So far, I really feel like I'm in an Hanged Man year instead, blockages, problems, no money (spent to take care of the problems, blockages). Just when I think it's over, something else appears.

I will be in my Devil year next year, and that one too I've not had it so I don't know what to expect.

P.S. I was born in january.

werewolfmoon

We've got similar years.

2012 was an Hanged Man year for me, but it felt like a Death year, because I felt compelled to get rid of stuff. I started with books in the spring, cloths in the summer, and the locker in the autumn. I think it was the year my mother spent 4 months at the hospital so I had to take care of her and her things. It was a hard year. But at the same time it was a good thing for me to get rif of stuff, because I was told I was finally accepted in an HLM, and I'd move in 3 months so I had to hurry packing, so it made less stuff to pack. I moved at the very end of my Hanged Man year so I spent my Death year in my marvelous new place.

Death years have always been awesome to me, so 2013 was a really good year living in an awesome new appartment (the previous one was atrocious), discovering a new neighborrhood, new malls and stores. The only issues I had were accidents that I had so I had to spend time to recover. Some things broke, like the vacuum cleaner, the small oven and my razor, but they were all replaced by newer better more powerful products, so I don't really have regrets over that.

As for this year, 2014, it's a Temperance year, and I've never had one since I check my years, so I did not know what to expect. Since my previous appartment was too small for Chrismas decorations, so I decided to set up my tree and village. My cat started pooing and peeing all over the place, including some of the places for the tree and village. I felt so overwhelmed by the Christmas decorations (I have a lot!) and the mess, I ended up doing in june to put the decorations back in the locker. He did not ruin my decorations though.

I went to the vet for my cat, he was sick, and I spent a fortune each month for that, because I could not let him go. He did not really get better, and in the meantime he ruined more things. So I decided to let him go, it was hard but we were both suffering.

And recently I had some issues in my kitchen but it's resolved now.

So far, I really feel like I'm in an Hanged Man year instead, blockages, problems, no money (spent to take care of the problems, blockages). Just when I think it's over, something else appears.

I will be in my Devil year next year, and that one too I've not had it so I don't know what to expect.

P.S. I was born in january.

It's my birthday in October so I'm assuming that I'll be going into my Devil year, I'm hoping that means temptation, love, sex and all the lovely pleasures, I'm not holding my breath though.

Alea

I'm sorry, i'm a bit confused about this, what do you mean by "Tarot" and "years"? how do they intercept?
could someone explain how this works?
Also, i'm really sorry how things went for you the couple of years. :( hope things brighten up soon for you!

NadaJ

I'm sorry, i'm a bit confused about this, what do you mean by "Tarot" and "years"? how do they intercept?
could someone explain how this works?
Also, i'm really sorry how things went for you the couple of years. :( hope things brighten up soon for you!

Hi Alea,

I'm pretty sure this thread and the OP are referring to the year card system referenced in Mary Greer's book "Who Are YOU in the Tarot?". This system equates your birth date and subsequent years to a specific major card.

My birthday is in October and I just figured out I'm in a Death year, despite all the signs. I'm staying optimistic that this run of endings will cease at the beginning of a new year.

Audelia

Very interesting thread. I never really thought about my tarot card for the year. For 2014 it's The Star and reflecting back on the past few months, I can see influences of the card in my life. I went through a tough period of ill health at the beginning of the year, but kept that glimmer of hope that things would work out and they did.

Lately I've felt drawn towards a bigger purpose and have immerse myself in the study of healing and developing my psychic abilities (self-expansion I guess, in relation to The Star).

I'll be going into my Moon year in December. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out. I'm hoping that I get some beautiful, amazing good news out of the blue before my Star year is up :)

donnalee

2012/2013 was a particularly tough couple of years for me, I've had the lot; death, divorce, debt, my old life ended as I had known it and I was left standing in the smoking ruins, it was all very Plutonic - an astrologer friend did tell me that Pluto was transiting my chart and it would be grim for a while, boy was she right.

Anyhoo, this got me thinking about the Tarot.

2012 - A pure 100% Tower year.
2013 - A true Death year/Hanged Man year, lots of things ended for good and I was forced to wait for various things to happen, some good, some not so good.
2014 - Temperance - this year really kicked my arse and tested my mettle both emotionally, physically and professionally.
2015 - Is this going to be the Devil year I wonder? And what could that possibly entail?

Has anyone else had a similar experience to mine?

Yup. I found that about 2008 for the next few years years onward was complete wiping-everything-off-the-map-painfully for me, but I haven't figured the math on the years--I should since my birthday is this week! Let's hope it gets better for all!