Cards with Personality?

recsirec

Do your cards seem to have a personality? I've been asking yes or no questions and just drawing one card where upright = yes and inverse = no. The deck has been very consistent and it has convinced me some of the power of the Tarot. Anyway, I lost one of my contacts today and was going to drive a very long distance home on the interstate this evening as it was beginning to get dark. I felt a bit nervous, so I asked the cards if they could tell me if I would be safe or not (like, is that a question they can even answer). They told me yes. Then they told me I wouldn't be safe. I asked if I should wait til the morning and they said no. Very confused, I asked why and they said "make your own damn decision." haha. At first I was a bit peeved, but 10 minutes later I came back and asked if the cards were teasing me. They said yes. I asked if they would be my friend and they again said yes. I feel like I'm talking to a person!

Have any of you had these kind of experiences?

MistressMorrigan

I really try not to ask yes-or-no questions anymore. I always get a weird vibe about it, and when I was learning, my mentor told me that the cards really aren't meant to be used that way.

But yes, I do believe that decks have a personality. I have four now, and one of them is extremely loud and aggressive with the way it conveys its messages, one is patient and understanding, one is stern-but-gentle, and the other is extremely adaptable and eager to work. They're all different, and they all convey a message in different ways. It's a lot of fun to switch back and forth through them as I do my readings, and see that different energy in the spotlight.

moon_light

One of my decks will start messing with anyone who asks repeat questions. It does not like them at all. It had an entire argument with someone once. I didn't know why it was going on until he admitted that yes, it was a repeat question. That deck knows how to set and enforce boundaries.

recsirec

I really try not to ask yes-or-no questions anymore. I always get a weird vibe about it, and when I was learning, my mentor told me that the cards really aren't meant to be used that way.

Why aren't they meant to be used that way? My cards seem to like answering yes or no most of the time. Last night I asked if I was asking too many questions (twice) and they said no both times.

recsirec

My cards are too funny. I bought an oracle deck today. I had just gotten home and didn't even open it yet when I broke out my tarot deck and asked if they were jealous (I got the feeling they would be). They said yes. I gave them a nice speech about how they would always be my first deck and how special that was. I asked if they felt better and they said yes again. I love my deck.

ravenest

Fascinating ! .... This seems to be a new trend developing .... and there is no amount of other people's ideas that will change this.

Its a trend ... and its going to increase ( quoth the raven) .

Mark my words ... the tarot picnic approacheth ! :bugeyed:

ravenest

My cards are too funny. I bought an oracle deck today. I had just gotten home and didn't even open it yet when I broke out my tarot deck and asked if they were jealous (I got the feeling they would be). They said yes. I gave them a nice speech about how they would always be my first deck and how special that was. I asked if they felt better and they said yes again. I love my deck.

I hope you didnt tell your tarot deck that IN FRONT of the oracle deck ? Now how will the Oracle deck feel = :(

It might take that out on you and give you wrong messages to get even ... it might even throw a tantrum to get more attention.

Troublesome little buggers aren't they ?

recsirec

I hope you didnt tell your tarot deck that IN FRONT of the oracle deck ? Now how will the Oracle deck feel = :(

It might take that out on you and give you wrong messages to get even ... it might even throw a tantrum to get more attention.

Troublesome little buggers aren't they ?

haha. I didn't think of that. The oracle deck was still in her box. But I let her know that the tarot was jealous and she said she'd be kind. lol.

Ethereal

I have found my rider-waite pulls no punches. its direct and to the point. its very cooperative, and rarely has it quit on me when I ask tons of questions on a topic. howver, if need be, it has thrown the 4 of swords at me, jumper, when I need to give it a rest. and, sometimes quite literally when tired. the message in the cards drawn was for me to rest and sleep. I love the anna k deck, however at times it can get wishy-washy. give me readings that I have a hard time deciphering. or very soft readings that aren't as aggressive and to the point as the RW. other times, right on point. I used it for a few reads, then I have to go back to the RW. i use my sacred circle deck when i need to go, *inside.* i really love it. great for self-introspection. finding the answers inside of you; not outside.

so, i guess, to me, decks do have a personality of their own. which is good. you can choose one deck for one subject, another for another. just my 2 cents.

Grizabella

Yeah, Tarot is so amazing. I slept with my deck and the result was that I gave birth to half a dozen little Lenormands. Now my deck is so mad it won't sleep with me anymore and it's even threatening not to support the wee babies. I just don't know what I'm going to do.