Weirdest reading ever...advice??

EmpressArwen

Be easier on yourself. I've seen enough of you around here to at least know you're not a loser. :) OK, lecture over.

What an intriguing experience you had though!

I like the idea of putting those cards up somewhere where you might see them regularly. Over time, you may see something in them that you don't see just now. I would guess that someone/something--call it by whatever name resonates--had a message for you, and chose this means to get it into your hands. It'll make sense at some point, and I'll bet it's not as negative as you're making it out to be at this moment.

I know if it were me, I'd probably pull those cards from a wide variety of decks to see what came to mind looking at different versions of them as well. I've had good luck with some more difficult-to-interpret readings when I've later gone back and laid them out with different decks.

But with such an open ended question, I could see where it might be some time before the meaning of this answer takes shape.

Thanks, hon. I really was kidding though, I only think I'm a little bit of a loser. ;)

I do tend to jump to the most negative connotation possible. You are right, I'll give it a bit of time and see if anything comes up. I will look up some possible meanings and decks to see if something different resonates. Thanks again!

Flames

Hi EmpressArwen!:)

We keep running into each other. Any more synchronicities since the last time? See you at the crossroads soon...:)

The way the cards came to you is shiny!! :) You didn't have an appointment for a reading...and this woman sees you sitting there and asks you if you have a question...and out of all questions, you ask, "Who am I meant to be?" Wow! Most people live lifetimes and never figure that out. Shiny is all over this. :) Maybe, the truth will come to you in the most unexpected way because that's when it'll mean something, that's when you'll "see" it. You're not meant to know now...Enjoy the process, the journey of discovery. That's what it's all about, I think. I'd be on cloud 9 if someone gave me a reading like that. I'd know it in my bones that some important message was coming through...AH, but to decipher it..that's where all the magic is.

The reaction to the cards kind of made me feel the energy of RW's 4 of cups...do you know what I mean? Someone's made an offer...in this case, three cards, but because they're not understood or don't appear "shiny" and aren't one's "favorite" cards, for example, they can easily be dismissed...which, I think, is part of the process...ironically. :)

Do you remember when Luke Skywalker was looking for a Jedi Master and he doesn't realize that this little shrunken green creature standing before him, IS the Jedi Master!? :) He's expecting somebody else...maybe taller, stronger, etc., Yoda didn't fit Luke's imagination of what a Jedi Master "should" look like. Maybe there's a little bit of that going on here. Just a thought.

I think you're exactly who you're meant to be right NOW....which is one special woman. :):heart:

P.S: I like the suggestion about looking at cards from different decks. Maybe you could also try looking at them peripherally as opposed to head on. It may provide an unforeseen, new, conceptual framework or nuance, for a card that you hadn't considered before.

EmpressArwen

Hi EmpressArwen!:)

We keep running into each other. Any more synchronicities since the last time? See you at the crossroads soon...:)

The way the cards came to you is shiny!! :) You didn't have an appointment for a reading...and this woman sees you sitting there and asks you if you have a question...and out of all questions, you ask, "Who am I meant to be?" Wow! Most people live lifetimes and never figure that out. Shiny is all over this. :) Maybe, the truth will come to you in the most unexpected way because that's when it'll mean something, that's when you'll "see" it. You're not meant to know now...Enjoy the process, the journey of discovery. That's what it's all about, I think. I'd be on cloud 9 if someone gave me a reading like that. I'd know it in my bones that some important message was coming through...AH, but to decipher it..that's where all the magic is.

The reaction to the cards kind of made me feel the energy of RW's 4 of cups...do you know what I mean? Someone's made an offer...in this case, three cards, but because they're not understood or don't appear "shiny" and aren't one's "favorite" cards, for example, they can easily be dismissed...which, I think, is part of the process...ironically. :)

Do you remember when Luke Skywalker was looking for a Jedi Master and he doesn't realize that this little shrunken green creature standing before him, IS the Jedi Master!? :) He's expecting somebody else...maybe taller, stronger, etc., Yoda didn't fit Luke's imagination of what a Jedi Master "should" look like. Maybe there's a little bit of that going on here. Just a thought.

I think you're exactly who you're meant to be right NOW....which is one special woman. :):heart:

P.S: I like the suggestion about looking at cards from different decks. Maybe you could also try looking at them peripherally as opposed to head on. It may provide an unforeseen, new, conceptual framework or nuance, for a card that you hadn't considered before.

Aw! You are too sweet to me. Talk about synchronisity...I'm reading your post, in my son's room, while sitting under a poster of Yoda holding a lightsaber with the caption "Size matters not." ***roll my eyes** lol I am surrounded by Star Wars..day and night so your analogy is very appropriate.

I am convicted by your response (in a good way!). I do need to rekindle my excitement for the unknown and embrace the journey. Thank you for the reminder...I've been very stuck in the physical world and much of my enthusiam, my zest has been sucked out of me. Time to get it back. ;)

((hugs))

Flames

Aw! You are too sweet to me. Talk about synchronisity...I'm reading your post, in my son's room, while sitting under a poster of Yoda holding a lightsaber with the caption "Size matters not." ***roll my eyes** lol I am surrounded by Star Wars..day and night so your analogy is very appropriate.

I am convicted by your response (in a good way!). I do need to rekindle my excitement for the unknown and embrace the journey. Thank you for the reminder...I've been very stuck in the physical world and much of my enthusiam, my zest has been sucked out of me. Time to get it back. ;)

((hugs))

LOL...You're killing me...in a good way!!! :) If that's not a synchronicity, I have no idea what is! Thanks for sharing. Chin up. :heart:

GotH

You 2 totally need to get together! I noticed that over there in my Scry thread. :)

celticnoodle

what a fascinating experience, EmpressArwen! I am sure if you do post them on a mirror--where you see them each day, as was mentioned, and if you take a look at the images on a regular basis from different decks, that you may indeed figure it out. It seems like this is something that you are to figure out yourself, I think.

Do you recall what deck she read with? Perhaps that is part of the key too--so you can concentrate on the images of that deck.

I feel this was divinely led for you to be there at the right time and for this reader to ask you for a question, the whole thing! Your question, her card pull but not reading the cards for you...well, very much a message there too that it is only for you to figure out what it means!

Keep us posted. This is a very interesting riddle! Good luck to you on it. :)

Just as I posted this, I thought of something else. These 3 cards in this reading sounds a bit complicated - as you are stumped by the whole exciting thing. But, perhaps it is a very, very simple message. Perhaps she (the reader) is only telling you exactly who you are--a tarot card reader?

GotH

Maybe one day, we can all get together!

Could you just imagine the kind of energy that would ignite? ;)

EmpressArwen

celticnoodle...

I had never seen the deck before. It was very old looking and the cards were round.