Question I have about using my cards

EnchantedFairyForest

I have the Faerie Oracle card set by Brian Froud and it said to make sure to Earth, Center and to Ground firstly before you use the cards. I'm not sure what this means and I'm a little bit confused by this concept. Could you please explain what each means and why it's important to do this in order to use the cards. Thank you.

Water Lady

this is a oracle card so you might be better response in the oracle discussion site.
grounding is feet on ground, to be centered is to be focused on what your doing. not sure what he means by earth

EnchantedFairyForest

Oh sorry for posting this in the wrong section, I'll try posting there instead. :)

nisaba

I have the Faerie Oracle card set by Brian Froud and it said to make sure to Earth, Center and to Ground firstly before you use the cards. I'm not sure what this means and I'm a little bit confused by this concept. Could you please explain what each means and why it's important to do this in order to use the cards. Thank you.

Earthing/Grounding is about connecting to your body, so you don't get all floaty and go off in a dream.

Centring is essentially narrowing your focus, concentrating.

Perhaps knowing what the term represent makes it fairly obvious why they are good to do at all times, not just when reading cards.

Imagine driving a car or using machinery or even kitchen knives when you're not grounded and centred!

Cenozoic

It basically means to be calm and focused, and to have yourself present and not day dreaming or wearing yourself too thin by feeling worried or stressed out. When you're in a bad mental or emotional state, it's hard to do an objective reading. Same thing goes for if your mind is floating elsewhere, and you have to come back down to earth, so to speak.

I guess it's the element of Earth, to feel your feet are firmly planted on the ground, and that you're balanced (centered), and stable, like a strong four walled house. It's common for people to meditate to ground themselves, which is basically preparing themselves first so they can feel ready and to conduct the reading afterwards.

I think it's optional to do this. There are many ways to calm yourself, like listening to music, taking a walk in the park, smelling scents of some kind, looking at images, etc., or you can just go right into the reading. That's up to you.