How the cards feel.

punchinella

Thanks for the reassurance firestorm, but I'm not sure I'm exactly safe . . . if I REALLY wanted to pay them, I suppose I could just send them a traveller's cheque in Euros . . . the thing is, I can only get these in 100-Euro increments & I only owe them $30+, or something like that, & since they don't respond to email I'm guessing they might not ever send change back for the traveller's cheque . . . So you see it is selfishness on my part after all . . .

SEND THE DECK BACK??? I can't possibly do that! It--it--it--came to me, it must be meant for me . . . we just need some time to sort ourselves out, I think . . .

lark

I think punchinella that it's a gift from spirit. Enjoy. You'll find that something will come up in your life that will allow you to be generous with spirit and it will all balance out. Namaste

punchinella

Oh, lark, since it's you I'll confess to doing the reading I said I wouldn't do (your 'he said, she said' spread) with the deck in question & feeling utterly brutalized as a result . . . although, several days later, I'm starting to think that perhaps this was a good thing???

IS knowing the negative as well as the positive a good thing (empowering)? --Because it seems that with Thoth, that's exactly what you're going to get . . .

??? ??? ???

lark

punchinella said:
Oh, lark, since it's you I'll confess to doing the reading I said I wouldn't do (your 'he said, she said' spread) with the deck in question & feeling utterly brutalized as a result . . . although, several days later, I'm starting to think that perhaps this was a good thing???

IS knowing the negative as well as the positive a good thing (empowering)? --Because it seems that with Thoth, that's exactly what you're going to get . . .

??? ??? ???
I think it's very empowering as you say. It also helps us prepare ourselves or help another through a tough time. I'm never afraid to see what the cards have to tell me because I know that it's for my highest good. Because that's what I pray to spirit before I start. So I always feel that my deck is my friend trying to help and prepare me in all things in my life.

Relationship spreads are very touchy things. Hard to look into. When my son had his heart broken by his first girlfriend I saw it all in the cards and it broke my heart as well. But I was also able to see someone new entering his life that would make him very happy. And she did (she even looks like the card that represented her!) The cards also gave me advice on how to help him through the rough times after the break-up. But it was still very hard to read those cards because I wanted them to be all rosey and tell me that they wouldn't break up and live happily ever after.

So If your cards were a little brutal with you don't judge them to hashly. They truly want the best for you. Only sometimes they have to shout to get us to listen. Namaste P.S. I have a hard time with Thoth. So I've put mine away for awhile. But I'll go back to them again in the future. They are very powerful when you want the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

SarahRose

Like Xalien said - they're potent cards.

I've had them for three days and they're really just... they *feel* heavy, ya know? In a good, solid way. :)

Good luck!

wheeloffortune

When I first got my Thoth deck a week ago, as it was my first deck I bought myself after leaving the Christian religion, the images, because they were occultic and reminded me of my occultic dabbling past, instantaneously made me depressed.

The first few readings were quite negative. However, soon enough, the cards seemed to "warm up" to me. I did a CC reading on my conversion to the Baha'i Faith, and the cards were overwhelmingly positive.

I frankly do not believe in psychic energy or spirits, but God alone and that the soul/spirit of a person can affect the readings of the cards. As well as the fact that the subconscious mind responds to strong images that may evoke suppressed emotions or keys to self-understanding, along with intuition. Since each deck reads differently, it takes time and concentration to "connect" with the cards. Juggling with two other decks for simultaneous study (RWS Universal and Universal Marseille), it will take a while. ;)