Two of Wands

ravenest

ZenMusic said:
some times used to mark off a sacred space

Associated with Guru Padmasambhava around 817 C.E., and his taming of demons

Hi ZM, thanks for the above. What is your take on the 5 skulls below the horses head?

Was Guru Padmasambhava, the one that subdued (or tamed or converted etc) the wrathful entities of Tibet? I heard this story about but might have it mixed up (perhaps you can clarify).

The main one, a cross between a monkey and ...? also the primal mother of Tibet? Pinned down on the mountains with Phurbas and then they built temples on those spots to maintain and balance the energies?

What happenes when these special temples are destroyed (like some have been by the Chinese) ... giant monkey wrathful demoness arises?

I think perhaps a phurba could be used as a type of geophysical acupuncture needle?

Zephyros

Are the phurbas really only three sided? It seems to me that while we see three edges, they are at right angles, so by consequence there should be another one in back, unless that side is completely flat...

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

ravenest

closrapexa said:
Are the phurbas really only three sided? It seems to me that while we see three edges, they are at right angles, so by consequence there should be another one in back, unless that side is completely flat...

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

Well, .... errrrm , we are talking about real phurbas here, that is ones you can hold in your hand and turn around and feel.

Questions of representation in 2-d and in cases of suspect perspective .... best take that up with Frieda ;)