Ritual Abuse Tarot...how does it read?

sashie

This deck doesn't seem to have a page in the index of Tarot Decks on Aeclectic proper. Is there some way to make one appear? I don't own this deck, but it would be neat if it were listed in the index of decks and also if reviews of it were posted there.

Alta

I'll let Solandia know. btw you bunch of enablers, this deck is so hilarious that I HAD to order it.

ETA: she says she'll put it up when I get it and send her scans.

Yelell

This deck doesn't seem to have a page in the index of Tarot Decks on Aeclectic proper. Is there some way to make one appear? I don't own this deck, but it would be neat if it were listed in the index of decks and also if reviews of it were posted there.

Yeah, a lot of the independent decks on etsy I see, like the construction paper tarot too, don't appear. I think enough people enable other people and then maybe it ends up there :) I was just thinking, this guy is probably really confused. ... All the sudden all his decks are selling at once!

aquestionmark

Yep, I definitely ordered one, its very stirring and I can't wait to do some creative writing with it. Though I think I will have to remove the title sticker because the name doesn't sit well with me but I am looking forward to working with the cards.

RyanSheffield

Thanks, everyone!

Hi, I'm the guy who created Ritual Abuse Tarot and I wanted to drop by and thank all of you for your support! Once I saw the flood of orders come in, I had to use some internet sleuthing to find out where they were coming from and express my gratitude. So, here I am and thank you so much!

While I'm here, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions/concerns/jokes/recipes/whatever.

Thanks again!
Ryan Sheffield

bonebeach

Hey Ryan! Very cool of you to stop by. Again, awesome work. I would share recipes if I had any appropriate ones, but alas, I'm behind on my Hannibal episodes.

Can I ask about the name? Ritual Abuse is a very striking name and it's properly ominous, but the deck isn't exactly magical/witchcraft-y (besides the pentacles) which is the first thing I thought of when I heard the name. How did you choose it?

RyanSheffield

The name is in reference to the nonsensical media scare of the late 80s & early 90s over so-called "Satanic ritual abuse" which was used as a justification to ban music, movies, and books like Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I titled the deck Ritual Abuse as a satirical slap-in-the-face to the people who support artistic censorship. As I say in the LWB, "This deck is dedicated to the book-banners- You will never win."

RiverRunsDeep

Hi, I'm the guy who created Ritual Abuse Tarot and I wanted to drop by and thank all of you for your support! Once I saw the flood of orders come in, I had to use some internet sleuthing to find out where they were coming from and express my gratitude. So, here I am and thank you so much!

While I'm here, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions/concerns/jokes/recipes/whatever.

Thanks again!
Ryan Sheffield

Hi, Ryan! So awesome of you to find us and join in here. I figured you
might be wondering what the heck was going on with the sudden deluge
of orders! I am more than happy to support your deck, especially now that
I know your reasoning behind it. :thumbsup:

RiverRunsDeep

It seems the emperor vacated the throne room, now overcome by rodents, showing just how tenuous the concept of stability and control really is. :D

Though I know nothing.

Maybe we should start a deck study thread when we receive our
cards. (??) Could be fun to share our ideas and dark humor!

hedface

Maybe we should start a deck study thread when we receive our
cards. (??) Could be fun to share our ideas and dark humor!

Ooh, I'd be down for this! I love my copy and would relish the chance to study it in depth.