Gilded Reverie Lenormand

kalliope

I understand why you made the choice to show the cards in the best orientation, but people are used to most apps being flexible depending on how we turn the device. It would be better to have the app respond to the tablet's orientation so the user can choose which is most important to them, either maximizing the images or stable orientation. As an example, some people may prop up their tablet on a stand and therefore can't easily rotate the device back and forth.

My bigger issue with the Android app is the way the Back button behaves. Within the Android OS, the normal behavior for that button is to take you back to the previous screen. In your apps, it unfortunately completely closes down the app and causes you to permanently lose any current reading! This has happened to me so many times! You can't really blame the users for hitting the Back button accidentally since we expect the button to work "properly" for the operating system and our fingers naturally go there due to muscle memory. Forcing us to use special touch-screen-only "back to menu" buttons is awkward and unusual in Android. Your programmers could achieve a much more seamless and native Android feel if the issue were fixed.

It's otherwise a lovely app and I enjoy it a lot! If I could avoid the frustration of lost readings, I'd love it even more. :)

cirom

I have to admit I am not familiar with the Android platform. These were produced entirely by my technical colleague in response to "popular demand" after an Apple only first production. I will pass on your feedback and I'm sure he will consider it. Nevertheless for every feature and approach, someone will prefer it another way....so its difficult if not impossible to get it right to everyone's satisfaction.

FairyCrystal

Bit of an old post, just wanted to say that I think it's a crying shame the extra cards from the special edition aren't available for ppl who are interested in them. So not as in reproducing the special edition, but having the option to buy the extra cards. I already got the deck, but would be so happy to have the extra cards as well!
I don't really see why ppl have to criticize, if they don't want them, they just don't buy them, simple as that. I think they would make a nice addition. And if they'd become available, I'd definitely buy them!

cirom

It is indeed a shame that the standard edition doesn't include the extra cards and its my fault. It was one thing to include them in a special edition, as that was geared to collectors who liked my style of work and were experienced Lenormand readers and purchased them directly from me. But I didn't feel comfortable including them in the standard edition which would reach a wider audience and through retail sources. To be honest I was uncomfortable because I assumed these extra cards would be ridiculed and the deck dismissed as not being Lenormand enough. So I played safe and instructed US Games to only produce the standard 36 cards. That is a decision I regretted after the fact, because it seems the extra cards proved to be quite popular. So as a solution, the publisher and I did seriously consider the production of these extra cards as an optional extra package... However the printer could not guarantee that there would not be a slight difference in size...... even a minimal difference of a 1mm would have been noticeable when stacked in with the rest of the deck. US Games were concerned that such a discrepancy would be a invitation for complaints, along with the other concern, that offering these extra cards for sale, (even as an optional purchase) would be perceived as a sales gimmick of some kind and they concluded it just wasn't worth the hassle. I can't say I blame them.

Maybe if there is enough evidence of potential interest, they may be persuaded to re-issue a full Gilded Reverie version as it were, because in fact I had produced four more cards, in addition to the extras that I selected to include with the special edition......(these I've only shown a few people). But that will be someday maybe , never,....for the foreseeable future, i'm not holding my breath......

danieljuk

I hope one day you do publish the full deck again Cirom in a larger print run! I love this Lenormand and the cards are so beautiful :thumbsup:

I would definitely buy the deck again in the larger set with the more cards :)

Alta

I hope one day you do publish the full deck again Cirom in a larger print run! I love this Lenormand and the cards are so beautiful :thumbsup:

I would definitely buy the deck again in the larger set with the more cards :)
Could not agree more! And I have your self published version. :)

This is the only Lenormand of my several that I can connect with.

Amsonia

I just bought the US Games version, I have to say, extra cards or not, it's really beautiful.