Fantastical Creatures Study Group - general thread

hemlock

Does anyone know of any good resources to glean information about the fantastical creatures depicted in this deck of cards? The information included in the accomanying booklet is very scant and I definately need a good source to find out more about these creatures and their powers etc.
Thank you! x

Lenah

Researching Fantastical Creatures

It would be nice if there were a book to go along with the deck, other than the little white book. Internet searches might yield some results. Also, using a card as a meditative focus while cultivating a light trance state enables a person to astral project into the card scenario. Then it might be possible to learn more about the creature by speaking with it. However, I'd only do that with the creatures that are REALLY NICE! Another possibility is to use a pendulum, ask the creatures questions about itself, and see if it will answer you.

Le Fanu

I think there is a book by DJ(?) Conway (is that her name?) about fantastical creatures. She works with Lisa Hunt and although it isn't an official companion book to the deck, she has written this book. I saw it in my local New Age Shop

darkbookworm13

I didn't realize that there wasn't a large study guide for this deck, how is everyone doing with this deck? My deck is in transit, once it arrives I am looking forward to gleaning a lot of meaning from it.

Maybe if we all collaborate for the cards, we can see how each person's understanding resonates with us, and create a user-made research guide for this deck?

MsAnon

next deck on order

I would deffinetly be down to discuss this deck once it comes. it is currently on order.
When it comes to mythology, having been into it since childhood I am open to the symbolism and metaphors that are always present. I have used the Mythic Tarot and found it nice (although gifted to a friend who it resonated with way more) but I was dulled by the Goddess Tarot. Not in judgement, thought it would actually be wonderful, but found myself put off for a reason I can't peg.

I am excited for this deck however. Anyone else still active on this thread to dive in?