Journey into the Hidden Realm

closerwalking

This is a deck that begs to be part of one's daily life, which I love. I put off getting this deck because I thought I did not want to get pulled into this realm. I was thinking it was fairy, fluff. But now that I have it, I am finding it perfect blend of earthiness and mystery. So if anyone else resonates with this? If you are one of those that hungers for up close and personal connectedness with Presence, and loves Nature and loves the mysterious hidden realms of Nature, and have this deck, lets go through it one card at a time? What I love about this deck is that somehow the artist Julia Jeffery was able to come up with images that perfectly take me to that place that is found in Nature, that special place between earth(what I can see with my eyes) and the invisible realm. It is the realm that is part of this world and the other one. Not quite either one, a truly hidden realm that is amazing to journey to. The more I explore this deck, the more I am ready to just retire all my other decks and work exclusively with this one. This is the only deck that I am seriously considering getting at least one other copy of it. I already see that I want to have one that I use for readings, one that I use for casting spells, taking shamanic type journeys, and working with cards for longer period of times. and then I will possibly get another one to carry around with me. This deck is so deep. and so amazing. I am amazed at how these cards say so much. And then there is the wonderful book written by Barbara Moore. I rarely go by authors interpretations of the cards. But I am enjoying reading her interpretations. These cards have so many layers to them. deceptively simple facial images. but wow, I am blown away at how effective these are.

closerwalking

A suggestion from Barbara Moore's book: pick one card, and then meditate, journal, journey with this one for a while. One can then expand this to bring in another card from the deck to explore how these two interact with one another. and go through the whole deck this way, exploring how each card influences the main one. So how does this sound, as a way to start this? I adore this deck but this would also work with other decks that are set up in more shamanic ways. ie have images that beckon you to go on journey with them into the Unknown. that they are familiar with, and will teach us about. Wildwood Tarot is another deck that has this possibility. I'm sure there are others. So if there is interest in exploring journeying with a particular deck this way, let me know. and we can start a more general thread on this.

Katelynn

Interested in a Study Group

Hi Closer and other Potential Hidden Realm Students,

I really enjoy the writing of Barbara Moore, coupled with the artwork of Julia Jeffery. Something so magical happens with the right author and illustrator come together, and I just cant get enough of this deck. Right now, I am doing daily draws and journal entries with a card a day from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. First, I write down my intuitive insights about the card, and then explore the guidebook. I then attempt to relate the card meanings to the RWS deck and see how they confirm, expand, and contradict my previous notions about the cards. I also plan on doing Pathworking with these cards as a type of Journey to the "other world" or into my own psyche.

I am very interested in participating in a study group of the card imagery and meaning, and discussing it with others. I will be working with the deck daily and would love to bounce ideas around with anyone else studying this deck.

closerwalking

Hi Katelynn, I love how you are using this wonderful deck. Lets give it till next wed. and then start sharing? I trust that the fey folks will guide those who are meant to be a part of this. It might start off with just the two of us holding the space. how does this sound to you? and even though I started this, I am not leader of it. all who participate are equal. Together we come up with something larger than the individuals and all parties equal and valuable.

Sulis

Hello :).

I've already started an index thread for this group HERE (click).
Could you please start a new thread for each card or topic and send me a private message when you do so that I can add a link to the index?

You may find the Tarot Study Groups guidelines useful, they're at the top of Tarot Study Groups or here: Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines.

Sulis - Study Groups moderator