Cartomancy Homework Circle

Phoenix Rising

This thread is a extension of the Cartomancy reading Circle
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=36637
And for the purposes of this thread we will be doing our reading homework and practise readings and exercises, so that we can leave that thread free for information.

Thanks Cielo for this idea!

Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising said:
Ok I have had time to absorb all that I have written so now for the next step. This time you will all have some homework to do, and do some practise combinations using the Courts and randomly selected pips. Remember the first rule: Red is good, Black is Bad. And second rule, for greater fruits remember the suits. We will be doing trios.

King Diamonds,Ace hearts, 6 Diamonds

4 hearts,king diamonds7 clubs

King diamonds4 clubs, 3 spade

9 club, king hearts 7 clubs

king hearts, 3 hearts, 5 spade

I think that will do for now. If you can not look at the other replies before you post then we can see if everyone comes up with a similar interpretation.
Now some maybe following other card meanings, but that's ok as long as you get the first and second rules, which will be for any card interpretation. Another thing is that you may come up with 2 or 3 combinations, but that's fine too because it may apply in all combinations for the same cards.

Cielo

Seems like this is a little more complicated than first anticipated...hehehe..have gone through the examples and am still not sure if I'm doing it right, but will post my interp a little later anyway....:)
Hopefully there will be someone out there to guide the way!!

Skydancer

Just found this thread and want to jump in also!!

So, we are to post our homework assignment of our interpretation of the 3-card sets that you posted above? Did I understand that right??

I've been following your various threads with "plain ol' cards" readings (!!) and have copied and pasted a bunch of information. So, I would like to join this circle too and see what comes from us all joining in together.

Later then ~ (let me know if I got the assignment right!)

*skydancer*

Phoenix Rising

Hi Skydancer,
Yes that's right. Have you been over to our reading circle? Great to have you join us.
So when you're ready? You can put your homework in here. Any other questions and info go in the other thread.

cheers

Skydancer

Thanks, PR ~ and here is what I posted over at the Reading Circle - about large cards for our note takings.

-----> thought I would jump in here with something I thought useful - which is, that over at the $1. store they have huge playing cards for only a buck that gives much more room to write!! Hubby brought some home for me last summer just for fun, and so these are the ones I've dug out to use for our learning period. Just thought I'd pass that along as it seems we are going to be doing a bit o' writing as we go! <------

They are a bit flimsy, and large to handle, but we don't need to shuffle much anyway for our learning phase. The pip cards have plenty of space for writing, and there's a bit of room on the courts as well. AND they have 2 Jokers!!

~hth

*S*

Kara

Ok, here goes.. This was hard! Honestly, maybe because it was a practice and not real. I couldn't decide on one meaning. And I had to change some card meanings around, ugh. Anyhow:

King Diamonds,Ace hearts, 6 Diamonds:
RRR: life is good right now, for this king, everything is on track for him.

D-H-D: He is being generous and sharing his good fortune with family. Or his good fortune is a new committed relationship, plans of buying/investing in something together with significant other (or from which SO also benefits), house or car, etc.

4 hearts,king diamonds7 clubs:
RRB: this king is doing quite well right now, but there is trouble on the horizon. Nothing serious, though, something he should be able to handle.

H-D-C: This king has a stable home situation. The problems coming up will be work related, but they will in some way affect his home life. Because he is more material-minded, & success oriented, it might be a good idea for him to keep in mind, that without a stable home, he would have no 'home-base'. Through his family he might be able to find the support he needs to fix the issue. Stuck between obligations for work and home.

King diamonds4 clubs, 3 spade:
RBB: Uhoh, problems are headed this kings way.

D-C-S: This line ends with spades, so it's not too promising. The problem isn't a heavy one, but more persitent probably. Job routine and petty day-to-day problems are taking their toll, and doesn't look like it'll change soon.
He still has a positive mindset though, so that should help him through. ( I should add that I learned that clubs were 'harsh' cards, and spades 'work' cards, and it's hard for me to let that view go...but it's a good exercise in flexibility.)

9 club, king hearts 7 clubs:
BRB: Just a small break in a bad stroke of luck.

C-H-C: (This is the first king that didn't feel like a king to me.) This person's ability to create warmth and love in and around him is his gift, and what keeps him afloat during hardship. A major change just happened in his life, but he still feels as though things weren't moving ahead. He is working hard for what he wants, and relying upon his inner resources, he will get through.

king hearts, 3 hearts, 5 spade:
RRB: minor problem coming.

H-H-S: several meanings: a.) this king has an addition to his family coming, maybe pregnancy of spouse/SO. It could be that minor medical issues could arise, for child or in relationship to the child.

b.) this king is infertile
c.)illness among family/household
d.) infectious illness(but minor, such as a cold or something)

As I said, this wasn't that easy...:-/

xoxo

CrimsonRose

Using Pheonix Rising's Card Meaning Guide . This is my conclusion of the cards. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to do this, but after carefully examining each sets of cards i formed a sort of a story. The first two " sets of trios " is the past. The third set of a trio is the present. And the last two "sets of trios" is a future.

King Diamonds - Ace Heart - 6 Diamonds

The genourous good natured man seems to have gotten engaged to someone. The Ace Representing love, and 6 Diamonds a gift, it appears as if he gave her an engagement ring and she accepted. All is looking good and everything appears happy as the groom to be is pretty excited.

4 Hearts - King Diamonds - 7 Clubs

There seems to be a problem just in it's starting just recently in the past, at the time the problem wasn't anything of too much worry just minor doubts that were soon forgotten about. He is possibly lacking in his business career now that he just gotten engaged, as the king of diamonds represents the business man that he is. It appears as the King is facing away from determination and looking at boredom. It appears as if he can no longer stay focused at work and is becoming tired of working, and wanting to devote his time to other things. It wasn't anything to get excited about , but he needs to be careful and stay focused.

King Diamonds - 4 Clubs - 3 Spades

Now this is the present time trio. And it appears pretty clear as to why this gentleman came for a reading, because now the problem appears to have gotten worse and he probably needed someone to talk to in order to seek help and guidance. The gentlemen seems to have not tried to stay focused at work. Thoughts of his engagment or family life seem to have gotten the best of his stability and he seems to now be in a tangled web of decisions of what he wants.

9 Clubs - King of Heart - 7 Clubs

For this near future trio, the gentleman will come to a point where he can let his worries subside in relation to what he worries about emotionally at home that is effecting his work. But he isn't out of the clearing, and needs to be assured that everything will be ok at home, he just needs to stay tasked in doing work and not let family or love matters rise into his work again.

King Heart - 3 Heart - 5 Spade

It appears that a problem will yet again be coming in this distant future trio. Thoughts of an upcoming marriage celebration may be delayed due to arguements. Or if the celebration isn't of marriage, then there still needs to be caution, as there will still be disagreements which could bring back the same problem as the gentleman has been facing recently. If he feels un at ease take extra time to allow any emotional baggage out so that tension doesn't build up into an extreme arguement. He needs to bring about this possible emotional tension out slowly and steadily with ease so it doesn't cause any upset.

--Ryan

Phoenix Rising

Well first of all Good for you guys for doing your homework!

Because there are different interpretations because of the cards, interestingly is that they were still fairly similliar. But it doesn't matter what ones you use because you are both likely correct. Now just through observation, even though you may have 3 different combinations, they could still happen on 3 different levels.

Kara: I like your take on the combination with the illness, infertility! Because from where he began King of hearts is a family man and wishes so much to have a child, but the problem in the future is illness, and the 2 cards together would be illness due to fertility, great observation there!

CrimsonRose: For a new comer, your story telling techniques are great, and I liked it how you linked it all together from trio to trio. You have picked it up really fast, did you check out the wytchy rules: Red is Good Black is bad, and then the suit combinations? Because that will also help and gain more insight.

So because you two have been good little beavers, to get better feedback did you want to do a few 3 card readings on each other. You could have past, present and future, how about that. Then you will know if each other is on the right track.
Mainly because we can't judge on whether or not your interpretations are right or wrong. But they are still very impressive all the same. Or did you want to have a few more practise ones, this time will only give 3 trios.

Kara

PR, you're cute, lol

Well this little beaver is all for a few more practice ones first, I think this is good practice for difficult readings, where you see nothing at first. I think it could help you to find the thread somewhere in there, and to stay open to different options...for me it would, anyways.