Frosted Quartz

Aeric

I often see sites selling singing bowls and other objects made of frosted quartz. It's less transparent than clear quartz, but not nearly opaque white like snow quartz.

Is the frost an artificial treatment, or is it natural inclusions? What sort of effects does this quartz have compared to clear and snow?

I'd assume they'd work well in rituals involving ice and snow?

shelikes2read

My presumption has been that quartz singing bowls have been made from lab-grown quartz, simply because their coloration is SO consistent over a very large stone. There are never any inclusions, veils, other minerals, color bands, etc. in quartz singing bowls.

So I think that the bowls are most likely made to be either white, frosted or clear. But I'm not sure how it's done because I've only "met" a clear singing bowl, which my friend has.

stonesatiety

From what I've been told, most quartz singing bowls are lab grown. I suppose it's mostly due to economics.

My bowl is clear, made from clear quartz dust and such left over from cutting and polishing natural quartz. The material is heated until it becomes molten quartz, then hand blown into clear bowls, a tremendously expensive process. My friends received the design from the crystal devas and have bowls produced due to high demand, but there is no profit.