Tree of Life - Netzach

jmd

Qabalah - Tree of Life - Netzach

This Sefirah is often associated with Venus. On most common depictions of the Tree of Life, it is the lowest Sefirah of the right-hand pillar - sometimes referred to as the pillar of Mildness (as opposed to that of Severity, 'founded' upon Hod).

Netza(c)h is at times translated as Victory, and also, oft, associated with the Feeling life.

Looking forward to further posts on this Sefirah!

lupo138

Netzach´s number is 7 and so one of it´s signs is a heptagon. It´s colour is green, being a mixture of blue (Chesed) and yellow (Tiphareth). It is the place where thoughts take shape, some sort of birthplace so to say.

Laurel

I view Netzach and Hod as having a complementary, synthesis/antithesis relationship. On a very simplistic level, Netzach represents the instinctual and intuitive and natural. Hod represents the cognitive and invented. The correspondence with Venus/Netzach and Mercury/Hod makes complete sense to me on this particular level.

Netzach, as one of the "lower" sephiroth (those beneath Tipareth) represents a type of force and thought process easily experienced in human life. I think that Netzach could possibly manifest as the Jung's Anima within the human consciousness. Certainly its a way of looking at Netzach as an internal force, as opposed to an external one... Netzach in Yetzirah perhaps.

Laurel

lupo138

One path that leads to Netzach is XIII in the GD - Death. It comes from Tiphereth and somehow tells us, that anything that takes form/shape has to be destroyed some day, thus giving freedom to the energy within the form.

jmd

In the Golden Dawn, XIII is indeed placed upon the 24th 'path' which connects Netzah to Tifaret... In any of these associations, however, a question which calls for answers is how this permits us to more deeply understand and connect with, in this case, Netzah.

One of the aspects of this Sefirah which I find fascinating its its Venusian quality combined with its name: how is it that Venus has victorious qualities? For me, this Sefirah's double association with both III the Empress and XIII Death exemplifies this. In the words of the New Testament:
  • 'Death is swallowed up in Victory' 1 Corinthians XV:54

lupo138

maybe a similar thought would be, that it is the mother that kills the child with giving birth, as all living creatures have to die...