What book/movie worlds do you wish had Tarots?

Chimera Dust

His Dark Materials would be amazing... I can think of others I'd love, but that would be my #1.

Ooooh, yes, and each suit could be a different 'house':

Stark, Lannister, Targaryen and - Baratheon? - or possibly Greyjoy (as they are linked to the sea) ...

I'm not sure if the Greyjoy -> Water connection would work very well for elemental associations... I think Cups is the Water suit, and in that sense House Tully strikes me as being more "Cups" than the Greyjoys do. They're also connected to water so it would still work.

I'd probably rely less on elemental correspondences and more on what that suit represents and which house fits into it better, it seems more practical that way.

agent199

Not really a movie world, but I wish the movie Dying Young with Julia Roberts had its tea leaf reading scene replaced with a tarot card reading scene.

angeltreats

Oz.

I know there is an Oz tarot but it doesn't really appeal to me. I don't like the huge OZ logo appearing on all the cards, and would like more to be going on in the background. I would love one that was based more on the character design and locations of the films (Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz and the new one that I forget the name of, might be Oz the Great and Powerful?).

Leonora

Twin Peaks

I know this is a seemingly "dead" thread, but I feel like throwing Twin Peaks out there. There is an artist who has done tarot images but to my knowledge they aren't sold as a deck.

They are now! I just saw the deck for sale on Etsy a few days ago. Price is a bit steep...

Glass Owl

I'd love to see a Doctor Who Tarot deck. I think that the mythology behind it is so rich and there are so many locations and characters (including doctors, villains, and companions) to work with.

mbazgrzacki

Big Lebowski Tarot

I can't help but notice everyone is choosing movies with heavy SciFi or occult themes already (although I think a 'Golden Compass' tarot would work if based on all three books).

How about a tarot based on a 'normal' movie - such as 'The Big Lebowski' or 'Titanic' ?

If they made a "Big Lebowski" one, I think I could convert my husband to tarot.:p

I've written an essay on the use of Tarot in the Big Lebowski with a tree of life map of the cards as scenes from the film - happy converting.

http://www.zen48963.zen.co.uk/TBL-quarter-tree-flat.jpg

http://www.zen48963.zen.co.uk/PCB1 The Big Lebowski.htm

Lucas Prince of Cats

OMG, I've had the same ideas! So, I REALLY want a steven universe deck. Perhaos an adventiure time deck. DOes this apply to shows as well as books/movies. I love the golden copass as well. MAybe, a divergent one? I'm quite a reader, but these days reading is a little under-rated so I dn't think I can think of any good ones. Maybe a percy jackson one (the books, the movies are so different.).

Edit: And I forgot to mention Avatar: The last Airbender.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I own a copy of the movie prop of the Golden Compass - quite a beauty and very heavy! However, making it work is another story!

However, since the Golden Compass, by nature, is it's own divinatory device - you would make a Tarot deck that uses a different divinatory advice?

Hmmmm - a deck using the symbols on the aliethiometer - could be similar to a Lemormand!

Oh my,one could make an oracle deck based off of that! I'd love it!