Cleaning Crystals (Water + Salt) Help

Sophie

trouble is, salt and water eat at sodalite - I hope you wiped it well, to remove any trace. I wouldn't repeat what you did, despite the shine. Sodalite and water don't mix, as sodalite is salt-based, as its name indicates.

Shikamaru

I hit the jackpot today and same problem. I want to clean them because I am sure someone sneezed and handled the stones or they have been handled, and I hate using and handling my stones and then having to wash my hands after every time I touch one.

Here is the jackpot I hit today cause my local store got all these in and I never had most of these before:
Red Aventurine
Carnilian
Bloodstones
Hematite
Amethyst
Orange Calcite
Topaz (Imperial/Golden)
Jade
Aventurine
Citrine
Moonstone
Amazonite
Ruby
Gold Tiger's Eye
Chinese Turquoise

How would you suggest cleaning/washing these stones as to not damage them.

Liatris

Shikamaru said:
I hit the jackpot today and same problem. I want to clean them because I am sure someone sneezed and handled the stones or they have been handled, and I hate using and handling my stones and then having to wash my hands after every time I touch one.

Here is the jackpot I hit today cause my local store got all these in and I never had most of these before:
Red Aventurine
Carnilian
Bloodstones
Hematite
Amethyst
Orange Calcite
Topaz (Imperial/Golden)
Jade
Aventurine
Citrine
Moonstone
Amazonite
Ruby
Gold Tiger's Eye
Chinese Turquoise

How would you suggest cleaning/washing these stones as to not damage them.

I have the SAME question regarding cleaning for the sake of sanitizing - I really need to make sure they are clean since I am being directed to put them on my skin and I am highly infection-prone and the seller had dogs - very dangerous for me. I would like to know if anyone has used the typical 3 % peroxide or 40% alcohol (Vodka) on quartz ?? I would be ok with tons of soap and water but not sure if soap would clog it in anyway.

Ack ! Probably only the most truly sensitive people would have answers to what ruins the properties of crystals - for healing, in this case.

Any one ?

lark

I have for many years cleaned my stones with water and a light soap like Ivory and have never had any problems...and I have a huge collection.
Just don't let anything soak in water for any length of time.
Put a little liquid soap in your hand and wash the stone under running water.