Books on crystals?

LeaRoseQuartz

My two favorite crystal books that I love are The Illustrated Directory Of Healing Crystals by Cassandra Eason and The Illustrated Guide To Crystals by Judy Hall. They both have great information and tons of pictures. It never gets old reading and looking at them.

WillowRose

I love the Crystal Bible & Melody - the love is in the earth , their my 2 fave crystal books :)

singerofpeace

I also have to say that I LOVE the Book of Stones. I particularly like Simmon's responses to the stones and crystals - it's really helpful to have two opinions, as well as the physical make-up of the stones and historical meaning.

cardlady22

Seven Secrets of Crystal Talismans

rachelcat mentioned this book to me a while back & I just got a copy.
author: Henry M. Mason
ISBN: 978-0738711447
2008, Llewellyn

It doesn't show pictures of the stones, but it has a unique way of approaching stones from their mineralogical make-up.
For example, I like rhodonite:
~Barrier (triclinic)- externally focused, keeping undesirable things out of our lives
~Harmonizer (chain and band silicate)- smoothing a path, correcting misconceptions
~dedication, fulfilling potential, dealing with neglect, preventing philandering, reliability, spouse, resisting temptation, vigilance, will power (Light Scarlet Ray)
~recommended shape: cabochon

Wow! A mini-biography of very important issues in my life!

You may not ever purchase a faceting machine or tumbler to fashion your own, but his recommendations are striking a chord with me. I'm going to have to go through my collection and make some notes!

Simsy

judy hall did a follow up to teh crystal bible

WillowRose said:
I love the Crystal Bible & Melody - the love is in the earth , their my 2 fave crystal books :)

I love the crystal bible. Its one of my favorites she did a follow up to it called i think encyclopedia of crystals. Which expanded and included new crystals which where discovered after she wrote the crystal bible. Its been one ive been meaning to get for ages to go along side the bible.

Simsy

awookie

I decided to purchase Firesfrosts recommendation for The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. It is a wonderful book, concise, easy to read, glossy images of the crystals to compare your stones to. The pages are colour coded too. So, many crystals to chose from and very few in the book I know of, great fun.

AmberFox

Love crystals!!

Hi, I know these books have been mentioned before but I have 3 books on crystals....

1 The crystal bible.

2 Love is in the earth, a kaleidoscope of crystals,updated by melody.

3 The book of stones.

Love, love, love these books lol.

I hope this helps, Blessed Be AmberFox

Luinbariel

Love is in the Earth is also my fav for metaphysical/spiritual information, but for a field guide my favorite is the National Audubon Society's "Field Guide to Rocks and Minerals".

It is expensive to buy it new but you can get it pretty cheap used online at Amazon or on Ebay. It features lots of amazing color photos and TONNES of information about how to test in the field what's what, where to find them in the world, their density, strength, etc etc etc.

I highly recommend this field guide.

minrice

Just ordered Love is in the Earth by Melody! Am so excited to get it as I just added a new, amazing member to my crystal family and want to know more about crystals. Will post here on what I think of the book when it arrives!

13WildMoons

Two of my favorites that include images are:

"The Essential Crystal Handbook" - Simon and Sue Lilly
What's interesting about this book is that it's categorized by color, not alphabetically.

"The Metaphysical Book of Gems and Crystals" - Florence Megemont