The WildWood Tarot - Stand Alone/Individual Deck/Positive Reviews

MsRed

I must say I am amazed at how good this deck and I seem to work together! I still have to get used to some new ideas and interpretations (like the great bear as judgement) but overall I got only perfectly clear messages.
There is just one thing that bothers me, maybe someone here could help me with. After shuffling I fan out the cards to pick the ones that feel right to me. Somehow with the Wildwood deck this is very hard because the cards seem to stick together ... has anyone else had similar experiences? Does anyone know what to do about such a thing?

Est

There is just one thing that bothers me, maybe someone here could help me with. After shuffling I fan out the cards to pick the ones that feel right to me. Somehow with the Wildwood deck this is very hard because the cards seem to stick together ... has anyone else had similar experiences? Does anyone know what to do about such a thing?

I've found *exactly* the same thing. I can only shuffle and cut this deck, because fanning doesn't work. I love everything else about it... but the cards do stick together in clumps of 3s and 4s instead of fanning out smoothly.

That said, isn't it gorgeous in every other way? :D

MareSaturni

After shuffling I fan out the cards to pick the ones that feel right to me. Somehow with the Wildwood deck this is very hard because the cards seem to stick together ... has anyone else had similar experiences? Does anyone know what to do about such a thing?

What!? LOL! :laugh:

My deck is SUPER soft and smooth to shuffle. The cards never stick together...

Perhaps it's because it's used and trimmed? :confused:
But trimming wouldn't change the lamination, and the deck is not THAT worn yet... Hum...

How curious!

GryffinSong

My cards fan really well and I haven't used mine much.

Richard

......Somehow with the Wildwood deck this is very hard because the cards seem to stick together ... has anyone else had similar experiences? Does anyone know what to do about such a thing?
Fanning powder or talcum powder might help.

gregory

My cards fan really well and I haven't used mine much.

What she said. But one of these days I must get me some fanning powder; I have so many decks that DO stick....

Carla

What!? LOL! :laugh:

My deck is SUPER soft and smooth to shuffle. The cards never stick together...

Perhaps it's because it's used and trimmed? :confused:
But trimming wouldn't change the lamination, and the deck is not THAT worn yet... Hum...

How curious!

I did shuffle that deck a lot, Marina. ;) You got it all broken in for ya. xx

MsRed

I've found *exactly* the same thing. I can only shuffle and cut this deck, because fanning doesn't work. I love everything else about it... but the cards do stick together in clumps of 3s and 4s instead of fanning out smoothly.

Somehow I'm not a "cutter" ... I need all cards in front of me to choose. I wish shuffling and cutting would feel comfortable as well but when I try it I feel that these are not the cards that I was supposed to pick (strange thing, that is). Which is a shame because even after some hardcore shuffling (which made the cards more flexible, yay!) and rubbing the cards onto each other the Wildwood is still sticky and therefore hard to use. I just took a closer look at them: They look somewhat "dried out" especially on the back which feels really rough. It somehow feels as if they could need moisture of some sort.

I didn't even know that there is such a thing as fanning powder, lol! Unfortunately I have no shop close by which could have something like that in stock ... I'm somewhat tempted to try and use baby powder but on the other hand, so many people say (or write) that it's really bad for the cards. Arg!

That said, isn't it gorgeous in every other way? :D

It absolutely is! The Wildwood has become my "go to deck" that I feel absolutely comfortable reading with.

MsRed

Ok, I gave talcum powder a try and now the cards fan out much much better!

Did you "interview" your Wildwood deck?
I just "interviewed" mine with the spread from this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44573
and did get interesting results!

1 - The Pole Star
2 - The Green Woman
3 - The Wheel
4 - The Journey
5 - Nine of Stones (Tradition)
6 - Seven of Arrows (Insecurity .... this one makes me feel a bit uncomfortable)