When to choose lenormand over tarot (or vice versa)?

DaughterOfDanu

For those who work with both tarot and lenormand- when do you decide to work with one over the other? I have a number of decks both tarot and lenormand, but find since lenormand is so down to earth and reflective of every day events that I would probably choose that over tarot in most situations that would need a reading (If I was more proficient in working with them). So what situations would make you reach for your tarot deck or your lenormand instead of the other? Do you ever work with both in a reading?

Looking for some insight to help with getting back on the lenormand horse while still balancing reading tarot frequently.

Barleywine

I generally prefer the Lenormand Grand Tableau for long-range life-reading situations, 6 to 12 months, because it's so chock-full of information on all areas of life. All kinds of practical questions can be thrown at a single GT, the reading of which doesn't demand much intuition or imagination beyond the ability to creatively blend card combinations. I don't use the smaller Lenormand spreads much.

I like the tarot Celtic Cross for situational awareness and developmental insights on single issues that have a definite "timeline" progression to them. I tend to avoid psychological profiling (the "thinks/feels" stuff) with tarot, staying pretty much within the bounds of actions and events. Because I find tarot to be infinitely subtle and flexible, I like to use it when more theoretical situations are being considered. I also don't use small tarot spreads much, except for a couple I created for specific purposes.

LisaStarlight

If I want to do a quick reading, get a quick answer, I'd choose Lenormand. (Energy around me today; where to look for something I've misplaced, etc.)

If I want to examine something more in depth, I'd use Tarot. (Why is this difficult for me; how can I better deal with something, etc.)

Rana George's Lenormand book is a fantastic resource if you're looking to get back on the Lenormand horse, as you put it. :)