Mystical Cat Tarot - Ace of Sky (Swords)

Onaorkal

The Ace of Sky shows a yellow swallowtail gonfalon (suspended heraldic banner of medieval origin) showing a clawed cat paw print, dark blue in color. It's suspended in the air by 2 pink ropes, but we can't see what it's attached to.
A bright blue sky is visible all around the flag, along with many floating white clouds. It gives the impression that the flag is situated very high, above the clouds level.
A few birds silhouettes are discernable in the distance.
It appears to be somewhat windy, since the flag, especially its lower ends, is waving.

Color : The blue and yellow equally stand out to me.

According to the author, ''[t]he Sky Clan was formed from exiles who abandoned their own clans or were forced out by their unwillingness to cooperate and live in peace.'' They prefer to live under the open sky and trust no one, even (especially?) their clanmates. They tend to be particularly defensive and aggressive, but also sharp-minded. Some will spend their lives looking for trouble, but ''[t]he wisest learn to master their temper and put their keen intelligence to good use.''
Still, when crossing their path, one needs to stay alert and be cautious.
This clan's ideology is unfortunately summarized as : ''The way of the Sky Cats is the way of conflict.''

Symbolism :

Gonfalon (banner) : Commonly used to display the coat of arms of a group/clan.

Yellow flag : Yellow is usually a very positive and cheerful color,but in this case I feel it's used as a warning signal. In the animal world, a species with a bright yellow appearance (often with a mix of other bright or contrasting colors) will be particularly dangerous. It's an evolutionary adaptation serving as a warning to potential predators : ''Don't approach me, I am venomous/poisonous and could kill you easily.'' I think this fits quite well with the Sky Clan mindset.
On a more positive note, yellow is often associated with the intellect, which fits the 'good side' of the Sky Cats.

Clawed paw print : I only realized this after putting the 4 Aces next to each other. The Ace of Sky is the only one bearing a clawed paw print. Again, it's not surprising at all of them. They are not the type to hide how defensive and aggressive they can be. The message is clear!

Dark blue color : Blue is usually associated with the matters of the mind, but as opposed to the bright and light blue of the sky and sea, connected with emotions and peacefulness, dark blue is associated with more rational matters, like knowledge and intelligence.

Sky : Associated with freedom. This aspect is very important to the Sky Clan.

White clouds : Symbolize clarity of thought.

Birds : Associated with freedom, liberation.

Wind : Commonly associated with freedom (like the sky and birds). Also seen as a warning for an upcoming 'stormy' event.