Hail & Farewell Party

Major Tom

Some of you will know that I spent 12 years in the USAF and that's where the Major in Major Tom comes from. We used to have periodic Hail and Farewell parties to welcome newcomers to the unit and say farewell to those who were transferred to other places.

I have stepped down from moderating duties because I simply don't have the time to devote to the responsibility. This feels somewhat like a departure even though I'm not going anywhere, I'll will remain a contributing member of this wonderful community. It's been a real pleasure to moderate such a group of talented people, it just doesn't feel fair to you if I can't give the job the time it deserves.

kilts_knave has kindly stepped forward to take over responsibility for moderating the Tarot Deck Creation board and I wish her every success. You lot can be vicious. :joke:

Now that's all the speech making I'm doin' tonight. This is a party. Do be sure to get your drink over at the open bar - you don't need to reach in your pocket, it's all been taken care of. Food will be served and if there's anything special you've brought be sure to tell us about it.

You might ask kilts_knave about the Minchiate to help her feel welcome. ;)

Have a good time everybody. :party:

LixiPixi

****walking in with a bottle of champagne - places it on the table. Gives Major Tom a kind hug and kiss on the cheek thanking him for a job well done.****

:CL A toast to Major Tom - glad to hear you'll still be hangin' around! :CL

LP~

Alta

That's lovely, though to quickly correct something, kilts_knave is a *he*, not a *she*. :)

Also just wanted to publically thank you, and also for the lovely party. :D

Umbrae

The Celestial Naviguesser lights a fag, and raises a glass of Bushmills, “To the best…”

:smoker:

Alissa

Thank you, Major Tom, for all you've given here for so very long. Blessings to you as this ending brings about new beginnings in your life... looking forward to seeing your posts.

And congratulations to kilts_knave on moderating!

firecatpickles

Marion said:
That's lovely, though to quickly correct something, kilts_knave is a *he*, not a *she*. :)
And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief! Afterall, my name isn't Umbrae, ya know!

Thank you, Major Tom, for inviting me to your lovely party. Is there an alcky-haul free beer over there?

memries

It sounds like a great party ! Is that a hot tub I see off in that secluded corner ? Trust you military guys to have one of everything. I bought an eensy weensy teensy polka dot bikini to wear. That should wake up the sleepy middle aged ones !

Cheers ! lifting a glass to you Major Tom and to the new moderator kilts_knave. Now everyone be gentle to him ! Is Umbrae coming in his pink tutu ? I hope he gets a new passionate purple one for the occasion.

Keigh

Hail to Kilts-Knave and Farewell to Major Tom. Thanks to both of you for the work you have done and will be doing. You make AT a better place - and that's saying something.

I see the hot tub! Nice bikini memries! Those polka-dots ARE tiny!!! :D What I don't see, anywhere, are Umbrae's pants....he must have left those at another party down the line. Thank goodness he's got his tutu. I'm a fan of passion purple!

MeeWah

Major Tom: This a wonderful idea! & glad to finally get here.

Good to know your presence continues. A toast, then, to your on-going endeavours & the new horizons!

Baroli

I am hitting the rounds of parties going on. :D I will say once again thanks for the stellar performance of your moderating duties Major Tom. Although I have only been here a short while, I felt most welcome with your greeting on the introduce yourself thread.

*Brings her special champagne and very special brownies to the party.*

KK, you go dude.

Baroli