Reading the Marseille Tarot

Patrick Booker

Just downloaded - I really recommend it. Useful with any Marseille decks.

Patrick

Teheuti

I just downloaded it, but have only begun to read it. It looks really great - especially if you are interested in a detailed study of the various Marseilles cards, with an emphasis on the Noblet deck. Jean-Michel then talks about how to really 'look' at a card - not just the details, but as if you were there. Then there is a comparison of the card with historical motifs, in much depth (including possible astrological, Kabbalistic, alchemical and moral considerations), and including lots of pictures, most of which are in color.

You will need to first download Adobe Digital Editions. You can read it in their format or download it to about 20 ereader formats including Nook and ePub - but NOT Kindle or iBooks.

If you want to read it on an iPad or iPhone then download Bluefire Reader onto your device and give it the same User Name and Password as you used for Adobe Digital Editions. You will then be able to transfer what's called the ADE format, pdf file via iTunes (note: you won't be able to open it in a standard pdf reader!).

Connect your iPad to your computer. Go to iTunes > the device window > Apps. At the bottom, there is a Documents list. Click on the Bluefire app on the left which will then list all its documents on the right. Click on the + (add) button below and choose Reading_the_Marseille_Tarot.pdf
from your Digital Editions folder in Documents. Make sure you wait until the SYNC has completed.

I know, it's a bit of a hassle, but now you'll be able to download ebooks from libraries, which, it seems, all use ADE format, so it is worth it.

Teheuti

Slightly off-topic, but I just discovered you can download library books (from libraries that offer digital titles, including audio books) directly to your portable devices with the Overdrive Media Console app, although I don't think it will work with the Adobe Digital Edition books from Lulu.

Patrick Booker

I much prefer ordinary Adobe pdf files to Digital Editions, which seem very limited in comparison. In Adobe Reader, it is possible to rotate images, but I can't find a way to do this with Digital Editions. The Marseille book has many beautiful images, but some of them are vertical. Anyone found a way to rotate them that I have missed?

Patrick

Teheuti

Patrick Booker said:
I much prefer ordinary Adobe pdf files to Digital Editions, which seem very limited in comparison. In Adobe Reader, it is possible to rotate images, but I can't find a way to do this with Digital Editions. The Marseille book has many beautiful images, but some of them are vertical. Anyone found a way to rotate them that I have missed?
It works great on the iPad - you simply rotate the device - or rotate yourself around the device. Plus you can easily make an image larger or smaller using the pinch/spread technique.

I was trying to look at the large map on my desktop, and I agree, I couldn't find a way to rotate the image.

Mary

gregory

I just got this, as I think the world of JeanMichel. This will be the last EVER thing I buy using this format. NASTY. I agree with Patrick - an ordinary pdf would be better. I shall want to use it on another computer - and although it SAYS I can - I can't see how.... Ugh.

(It is also taking FOR EVER to download... I am on a limited bandwidth plan - this will likely take me over, and cost me heaps. HATE HATE HATE. Wish I'd paid the extra for a proper book now :()

Sumada

Physical copy for me please

I think I'll just buy the book directly from Jean-Michel at the Southern Symposium in Auckland (NZ). It's only a couple of weeks away now, so I think I can wait.

anubis777

Hello
I have tried downloading the adobe & the ebook i just bought & cannot do it can someone help me?
Thanks

Patrick Booker

I think Adobe Digital Editions is an extremely irritating piece of software, but I downloaded it because various books I wanted were in that format. If you have installed it from the Adobe website, there should be an automatic link for it on your desktop. It automatically creates a folder called 'My Digital Editions' in your Documents folder. When you download your book from Lulu, this is where you need to put it. Adobe Digital Reader should then be able to find it. If not, try clicking on the pdf file.

Patrick