I wish Robert Place would recreate a Marseille pack.

Bluefeet

Hi Iris, looks like the link is dead. Do you mean the "Tarot der Engel"? There's one on ebay now, here;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-GERMAN...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bfe44ddb

This listing doesn't show much, about 7 views of the box...

I didn't see anything like what you refer to on his website.

No, it's another very limited handmade edition of only 4 decks, called The Facsimile Italian Renaissance Woodcut Tarocchi. :)

Try this link instead: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290961310702

Le Fanu

Yes that would be nice.

I have to say - as an aside - and pending a Marseilles deck - I am totally in awe of his Sevenfold Mystery deck. It is so clean and sharp and mystical.

It gives me superbly intuitive readings. I have been using it the last couple of weeks and getting quite extraordinary meanings. It just feels so effortless to read. It gives such clear, thought provoking messages. A fantatsic deck.

To be honest, with his Sevenfold Mystery, I feel he has excelled himself. (But, yes, a Marseilles would be nice!)

Lee

No, it's another very limited handmade edition of only 4 decks, called The Facsimile Italian Renaissance Woodcut Tarocchi. :)

Try this link instead: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290961310702
i have a copy of that deck which I bought from Mr. Place himself at one of the Readers Studio events several years ago. Mine looks like the one in the eBay entry, except that mine is missing the card with his signature and deck number on it, and mine did not come with a box, just a little felt bag. So he apparently made more than one edition of this deck (it's trumps only BTW). So there must be more than four decks in existence.

Bluefeet

i have a copy of that deck which I bought from Mr. Place himself at one of the Readers Studio events several years ago. Mine looks like the one in the eBay entry, except that mine is missing the card with his signature and deck number on it, and mine did not come with a box, just a little felt bag. So he apparently made more than one edition of this deck (it's trumps only BTW). So there must be more than four decks in existence.

How interesting! Are the trumps you bought directly from him printed on cotton rag paper as well? Then perhaps in addition to the the full 78-card LE, he printed some more copies in majors only format. I'd guess that he produced the LE for Met, since according to Wikipedia, "his facsimile of one of the earliest Italian Renaissance woodcut Tarots is included in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York."

Lee

How interesting! Are the trumps you bought directly from him printed on cotton rag paper as well? Then perhaps in addition to the the full 78-card LE, he printed some more copies in majors only format. I'd guess that he produced the LE for Met, since according to Wikipedia, "his facsimile of one of the earliest Italian Renaissance woodcut Tarots is included in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York."
Ah, now I see. I hadn't looked closely enough at the eBay entry. That deck is indeed 78 cards (or 79 including cover). Mine is trumps only, so I take back what I said, there may indeed be only 4 of the 78-card one, for all I know.

I'm not sure what rag paper is. On my deck, the cardstock seems rather thick and soft, so I would guess that it is. My cards look exactly like the trump cards in the eBay entry, with stunning bright colors. I wish I had the 78-card one though. :(

Inconnu

Iris, thanks for posting that ebay link. Actually the first one did work, I must of flubbed it. That is a wonderful pack & rare too.

I really enjoyed seeing the cards.

Inconnu

Yes that would be nice.

I have to say - as an aside - and pending a Marseilles deck - I am totally in awe of his Sevenfold Mystery deck. It is so clean and sharp and mystical.

It gives me superbly intuitive readings. I have been using it the last couple of weeks and getting quite extraordinary meanings. It just feels so effortless to read. It gives such clear, thought provoking messages. A fantatsic deck.

To be honest, with his Sevenfold Mystery, I feel he has excelled himself. (But, yes, a Marseilles would be nice!)

I didn't explain myself well in the first post.

I agree. But trying to apply the Platonic, Hermetic, mystical knowledge Place used in designing the pack was beyond me. It just took the Tarot I was familiar with to a higher level.

My limitation.

Sometimes I do open it up & just sort of marvel at it.

Debra

Here are a few of the photos from the listing.

Attachments

• place 1.JPG
    place 1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 134
  • place 2.JPG
    place 2.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 125
  • place 3.JPG
    place 3.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 116
  • place 4.JPG
    place 4.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 120

Bluefeet

Thanks for the extra pictures, Debra! They look stunning. I really hope there's a mass market edition of this one out there. :)

treedog

. . . and a book to go with it.

I too appreciate anything that Robert Place does. If he did his own version of a TdM, I would certainly hope that he include a book, not just a LWB, but a RMP historic exploration of the deck. He brings it all to life for me, relevant and often intriguing.