Heron Conver Deck: Consistent Printing?

Kingdubrock

I was just wondering if this deck has been known to vary in quality control. I ordered one recently and it appears to be exceedingly faded-looking compared to the images I have seen online. Some cards look how I would expect, but with others, the grey or black lines look almost red and too light. Not like a time-worn or light ink job on the original but like a poster in a window that has been in the sun too long. The pink or flesh tones I have seen in the scans online seem to be missing in mine. And the boy on the left in the Le Soleil card looks a little blurry.

Is this how they all are or did I get a pack from a bad batch? i dont mind sucking it up and ordering another but I dont need two like this.

Kingdubrock

Anyone?

DeToX

Without naming the specific cards in question, it's hard to really comment. If you mention which cards are affected, then other owners can compare with their own decks.

Kingdubrock

Without naming the specific cards in question, it's hard to really comment. If you mention which cards are affected, then other owners can compare with their own decks.

Thanks DetoX,
There were so many. The whole deck is consistent in its overall lightness. But against the ones linked to above, i cant see any flesh tones, and my Soleil card is comparatively blurry.

Sulis

I think I got mine from ebay UK or ebay France.. I know it didn't cost much at all and it's one of my favourite decks.

Richard

I don't suppose they could have sent you the Lo Scarabeo deck by mistake?

Attachments

• Heron_LoS.jpg
    Heron_LoS.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 193

Kingdubrock

I don't suppose they could have sent you the Lo Scarabeo deck by mistake?

Good thought, but no. Actually the Lo Scarbeo Conver goes for like $2-3K used. that would have been a gift! :)

Le Fanu

Mine is very drab. Nothing like the scans. I always found something very dead about this repro. I don't think I have a bad copy. I just think its not a very exciting reproduction.