Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

Liber Mundi

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

Bertrand 
To "C"...

Hello,

I've been reading (and taking notes) on this whole thread because being really inclined to work with geomantic figures within the numerals, looking at them through the atouts was obviously very tempting. So thanks everyone for making this thread go further. That being said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by C
1. The True Tarots
( ...in this Thread referred to as Ts - such as the Pierpont-Morgan-Bergamo Tarocchi Deck - better known as Visconti-Sforza-Tarot - I recommend the Dal Negro Version and in this Thread Ill call it Ta - and only one version of the Marseille Tarot Deck that I know of - Ill call it Tb - but later about that... )
since there's another "unfaked" (or "working") version of the T you speak of, can you enlighten us about who you think this Tb is ? I've been longing for it while reading the whole thread.
Thanks,

Bertrand
Top   #101
Resident

"C" 
to Bertrand...

...Thanks for Your Interest in this Thread - but I wouldnt do this right now because it would distract our Fellow Aeclectics Attention which is now wholly needed for the Ta - there will be a Time when it will be ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to switch between the Ta and Tb back and forth...
By then I will have given this required Information...
But - if You are REALLY keen about that - You should go through ALL I have written at this Site and You shall find what You seek...
If You do so - PLEASE send me a PM - to NOT distract other Readers - and I ll confirm it to You - IF You are right...

Thanks for understanding

C
Top   #102
Citizen

conversus 
Gloomy? Not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by C

First - what would be the USE of having 2 Structures at the same Place with the same Purpose ?
That would be like building a House with 2 Roofs - One at the Top - where it belongs and the other One elsewhere - lets say in the Kitchen or in the Basement...
Thank you for your kind reply, which helps me to appreciate how you will proceed.

I did not mean to pose a provocative question, just simple curiosity. Far from trying to build a roof in a basement <and every basement has a roof, even if it is called a ceiling>, I had considered that a mighty Cathedral might require 16 pillars to support the roof. Those pillars might require 16 footings/foundations ; and often those 16 pillars might also require 16 flying buttresses in order to fully support the weight and other stresses of the roof and ceiling works. One could imagine the Geomantic Figures<representing remarkably multifaceted earthly forces> being employed again and again in such a structure, serving many differing ends in order to bring one building to fruition.

I have no theory of my own to put forward, here, but I look forward, eagerly, to reading your further insights.

CED
Top   #103
Resident

"C" 
to conversus...

Even when some of Your Thoughts seem to be very deep in their own way...

***<and every basement has a roof, even if it is called a ceiling>***

they might lead You the wrong Path...
A Roof is against the Elements so that snow and rain and sun wont bother you - a ceiling is... ...just a ceiling and a Building ( as T ) might have many...

Please try to do not so much of THIS thinking - it will only confuse You...
Your Cathedral might get very pretty that Way ( many Authors did it THAT way... ) but it couldnt be a Home to the Atu...

If You like to - just LOOK and follow the Thread - if You want to - and You will see HOW the Structure is build...

C
Top   #104
Resident

"C" 
About ENLIGHTENMENT...

...because Bertrand brought up this Item and some PMs I received brought me to think that some of you might look at this Subject in a - to me - queer way Ill tell you a Story about Sheik Naṣr ad-Dīn - as I remember it...

The Sheik had been strolling around the Marketplace until Night broke in and when he came to his Home he found out that he had lost his Keys...

Above his Door he had a nice little Lantern on a Hook - so that he would have been able to open his Door - even in Darkness - IF he had still got his keys...

Now he bent down and began - crawling in his knees - to search the Ground in Front of his Door for his Keys...

A Friend of the Sheik came by and was wondering what the honorable Sheik was doing in the Front of his House going through the Dirt with his Nose like... well - lets spare that...

So he asked him...
"Most honorable Friend - for Heavens Sake - what are You doing here - in the Front of Your Home with Your Nose in the Dirt... ?"

The Sheik answered...
"Well... I seem to have lost my Keys on the Marketplace while I was out and now Im searching for them - but I cant find them..."

His bewildered Friend then asked him WHY he didnt go back to the Marketplace and search the Place all over...

"You see" the Sheik answered... "It has gotten late and Night broke in - so its dark out there and I wouldnt see anything...
...and here - above my Door - is a wonderful bright and shiny Light...

C
Top   #105
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

This is from one of Idries Shah's Mullah Nasruddin books, no ? I love them....
Top   #106
Resident

"C" 
to gregory...

...You should !

C
Top   #107
Resident

"C" 
The FIFTH Pair

LETICIA ---------------- (1-2-2-2) ------- Happiness, Laughing Bearded Man ---- "the ( so called ) HERMIT"
(( If you look at this card - referred to as the HERMIT or the TIME by modern day Interpreters would you think that they are right - given the Appearance of the HERMIT in the later ( Marseille for example... ) Decks - or the Beard and the Hourglass as the only "evidence" for being TIME ?
Or is it more likely to think of it as an embodiment of LETICIA or the Laughing Bearded Man - when you read through his profile in the 16 ?
There its said that he can get very old while obtaining best health - this is taken to be a Sign of GODs blessing - he has many Friends and may engage in loving relationships with several counterparts at one time - nevertheless its not easy to reach his Heart - he hides in some kind of inner Sanctum - so it seems for people on the Outside and they may envy him for that - but in Reality he isnt quite sure if he might HAVE something like that - he feels empty among all his worldly Wealth - he doesnt know what he really wants - this is because his whole life hes listened to the cravings of other People and was eager to fulfill their wishes - being frightened of being alone and without Friends - and now he needs some Peace and contemplation to get to know his OWN Feelings and find out where they carry him and what comes from them...
Besides wearing wealthy clothes he is described as really well-nourished - in those days another sign that he was blessed - but he knows that this is about not being able to decide what to leave...
You may decide for yourself what you are looking at... ))

TRISTICIA ------------- (2-2-2-1) ------- Sadness, Reversed Man ---------------- "the HANGED MAN"
( This is the only "reversed Man" in the Deck - and many Authors have speculated WHERE this Picture might come from or WHO is depicted - ...even "ODIN" was suggested... - but the 16 are the true Source and depicted is JOSEPH after he was thrown into the cistern...
You may read about this and learn WHY that happened and WHAT he got to know of it...
On a historical level an Ancestor of the concerned Families was hit with this punishment - and so Filippo had something to think about...
And when you look at "the HANGED MAN" you can see that he is still bleeding...
In Divination this One of the 16 means suffering from severe desperation and loneliness for being so far away from GOD - even a Suicide might occur...
On a practical level the Blueprint for the City of NEW JERUSALEM is shown - but you can see it only if you use your new eyes in the right way...
...and if you count the Buttons he gives you a most precious hint - in 2 ways...
...if you look at his tied Ankle you can see that he might not really be tied TO his Gallow - it seems so - but thats not really the case - it might also be some kind of Bracelet - you cant SEE the rope going from the Gallows Pole TO his ankle because his Foot hinders your Vision...
In fact "the HANGED MAN" is more of a DANCER...)

C
Top   #108
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C
...You should !

C
The WORLD should. Good grief - we agree about something.
Top   #109
Resident

"C" 
to gregory...

...thats what Im talking about...

C
Top   #110

More in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.