Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

Liber Mundi

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

cardlady22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C
the Pierpont-Morgan-Bergamo Tarocchi Deck - better known as Visconti-Sforza-Tarot - I recommend the Dal Negro Version
The only version I have is the Visconti Tarot (LoS)
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/visconti/
Would that help or interfere?

Would someone please link to the specific deck being recommended for this comparison?
ETA: I'm seeing a deck titled Tarocchi dei Visconti by Bonifacio Bembo and Antonio Cicognara ~ offered at House of Tarot, but I can't spend $100+ now.

ETA2: When comparing the LS gold version, there has been some color tone variation. Also, XV Devil and XVI Tower are very different! No necklace on XIX Sun.
Top   #21
Resident

"C" 
to Moonbow...

...You my friend would have made a very lousy Detective - I hope You choose another career...

When you have a closer look at that link you may find that it belongs to an e-mail Lothar wrote to me - maybe he has a membership - ask him - I dont know...

For the puzzle...

What should be the reason for that - I would suggest that you spare your energy for the journey...
Im right here and you can ask me any question and I will answer it honestly - but in my way...
Its all about T² - not about me - and I assure you - you wouldnt find anything about me - anywhere...

Now about Your second post...

"C, this forum has been through many theories, and from experience I can tell you that you will need evidence to support speculation here, you will be challenged or else ignored. Perhaps you have evidence, if so rather than leaving clues for the members to investigate (when they have their own interests to explore), I would suggest that you present it and leave it to the individual to make up their own mind.

There are many theories about the 22 Trumps, I was recently reading another where they are compared to the Christian Beatitudes, then there is the Bardic Theory etc etc"

Concerning this whloe "evidence" thing I would politely ask you to look at the above posts - there Ive made my point clear...

I would very much like to be chalenged - so please chalange me - or ignore me - do as You like...

...the difference between the books youve read about the cards and this Thread is... well - they deal with theories...

C
Top   #22
Resident

"C" 
to cardlady22...

...to advise you I would need better and bigger quality pics especially from the Atu - the Deck I recomended you can find in many places under the given name - for example at Trionfi.com - maybe they can tell you were to get one - nevertheless - it SHOULD be a collectors choice...

C
Top   #23
Citizen

cardlady22 
this one?

http://www.a.trionfi.eu/WWPCM/decks05/d02046/d02046.htm
I do apologize if trionfi does not like the frames to be broken out. This link came up this way in a Search.
Top   #24
Resident

"C" 
to cardlady22...

...yep !

C
Top   #25
Citizen

Ross G Caldwell 

Here are the lists of the names of the geomantic figures given by the Thérèse Charmasson, in the essential reference work on medieval geomancy, Recherches sur une technique divinatoire: la géomancie dans l'occident médiéval (Paris, 1980), pp. 28-33. Hugh of Santalla's titles are the first column of the second two pages:

I haven't tried to work out the whole scheme that C is trying to get us to see yet. The translation of the Arabic terms by Charmasson is:

Tarik - Way
Djama ah - Meeting (or Reunion)
Idjitima - Agreement
Ouklah - Link
Al-nosrat-ou-l-dakhilah - Interior Victory
Al-nosrat-ou-l-kharidjah- Exterior Victory
Al-kabd-ou-l-dakhilah - Interior Taking/Seizure/Hold
Al-kabd-ou-l-kharidjah - Exterior Taking/Seizure/Hold
Al-layan - Beard, Jaw
Ankis - Reversal
Nakyou-l-khad - Gracious
Djoudalah - Beardless
Bayad - White
Homrad - Red
Al-atabat-ou-l-dakhilah - Interior Threshold
Al-atabat-ou-l-kharidjah - Exterior Threshold
Top   #26
Citizen

Moonbow 

No detective work was intended C. On your own advice, the whole document wasn't a recommended read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C
to Ross G Caldwell...

...Wow - You have very sharp eyes...

As I told Bernice in the above thats exactly the way how it is done - and youve done right...
I love this... a tick and a gold star Ross
Top   #27
Denizen of the Coalsack Nebula

Bernice 

Thank you very much Ross. Your post and accompanying images are helpful towards clarifying the scheme that "C" is apparently trying to explain.

Bee
Top   #28
Resident

"C" 
to Ross G Caldwell...

...and his readers..

Very nice lists - one could never have enough information...

But beware of Statements made above about Puer and Puella...

Puer is the Boy and Puella is the Girl - the fig. for Puer looks like a sword - counted from above 1-1-2-1 / the fig. for Puella looks like a mirror - from above 1-2-1-1 they are mixed up in the Lists...

And here are some other transcriptions I would like you to consider...

Tarik - VIA - Way / Path

Djama ah - POPULUS - People ( Citizens )

Idjitima - CONJUNCTIO - Meeting ( Harmony )

Ouklah - CARCER - Prison

Al-nosrat-ou-l-dakhilah - FORTUNA MAJOR - Great Luck ( in the sense that the Goddess Fortuna is smiling upon you for a quite long time )

Al-nosrat-ou-l-kharidjah - FORTUNA MINOR - Small Luck ( in the sense that the Goddess Fortuna is smiling upon you only for a short - and maybe passing - moment )

Al-kabd-ou-l-dakhilah - ACQUISITIO - Gain ( Income )

Al-kabd-ou-l-kharidjah - AMISSIO - ( total ) Loss ( Deprivation )

Al-layan - LETIZIA / BARBARTUS RIDENS - Happiness / the laughing bearded Man - ( the so called TIME or HERMIT )

Ankis ( here you may think of the ANKH... ) - TRISTICIA / TRANSVERSUS - Sadness / the reversed Man - ( the so called HANGED MAN )

Nakyou-l-khad - PUELLA - the Girl ( Virgin - in the sense of sobriety or abstinence )

Djoudalah ( in some Arabic versions the Name for that Fig. can be transcribed as LINGAM or CLUB... ) - PUER - the Boy ( young Man / Rowdy )

Bayad - ALBUS - White ( in the sense of holyness or knowing GOD and his scripts... )

Homrad - RUBEUS - Red ( the red One in the sense of Blood )

Al-atabat-ou-l-dakhilah - CAPUT ( DRACONIS ) - the ( Dragons ) Head ( in the sense of Wisdom and Shelter... )

Al-atabat-ou-l-kharidjah - CAUDA ( DRACONIS ) - the ( Dragons ) Tail ( the most dangerous Place to be - could be a Sign for black Magick - beware - NO GO Area )

C
Top   #29
Citizen

Moonbow 

Here is the table of the 16 geomantic characters showing the names allocated by Hugo Sanctaliensis:

Top   #30

More in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.