Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Tarot Forum               Free Tarot Readings           Tarot Card Meanings

Liber Mundi

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Frog

Lillie 

It's your game!

I'm just playing along!

You choose how much typing you want to do.

You could have laid out your theory in your first post and then everyone would just have been able to read it and know.

As it is you have managed to stretch it across numerous posts and anyone interested will have to go through and piece it together.

And yes, it was fun to do.
It was fun to try and see what you were getting at and the connections you were making. But, to be honest, the fact that I and the others who bothered to do it has just made a convoluted thread for the majority of people when you could have made it plain, clear and simple for everyone.

This is your theory.
Not mine.

It's up to you to do the master list.
Top   #71
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by C
...I really dont know what to say - maybe You should read the posts in this Thread once more or ask Lillie or Ross or Bernice...

I made my point clear...

They seem to have got enough evidence for making their choices...

C
It's your thread. You answer. You produce whatever evidence you may or may not have. That's the courteous and sensible way to do things - and THEN open a discussion. A good teacher does not send students round in circles for his own amusement.

ETA sorry Bee- cross posted.
Top   #72
Transcendentalist

RexMalaki 

Definitions:

16 geomantic characters and their Latin Names - the ones given by Hugo Sanctaliensis because they are much more descriptive

22 atu - the set of trumps from the Visconti-Sforza(Pierpont,Morgan,Bergamo) V

Correspondences:

Common Latin Name (the character) English - Current Atu Assignment

VIA (1,1,1,1) Way, Path ------------------------------------------ The Sun

POPULUS (0,0,0,0) People, Citizens ---------------------------- The World

CONJUNCTIO (0,1,1,0) Meeting, Harmony ---------------------- Lovers

CARCER (1,0,0,1) Prison ------------------------------------------ The Tower

FORTUNA MAJOR (0,0,1,1) Great Luck, Long Term ------------ Justice

FORTUNA MINOR (1,1,0,0) Small Luck, Temporary ------------ The Wheel

ACQUISICIO (0,1,0,1) Gain, Income ----------------------------- Magician

AMISSIO (1,0,1,0) Total Loss, Deprivation ---------------------- The Fool

LETICIA (1,0,0,0) Happiness, Laughing Bearded Man ---------- Hermit

TRISTICIA (0,0,0,1) Sadness, Reversed Man -------------------- Hanged Man

PUER (1,1,0,1) Boy, Young Man, Rowdy ------------------------- Strength

PUELLA (1,0,1,1) Girl, Sobriety, Abstinence --------------------- Temperance

ALBUS (0,0,1,0) White, Knowing God ---------------------------- Judgment

RUBEUS (0,1,0,0) Red, One in the sense of blood -------------- Death

CAPUT DRACONIS (0,1,1,1) Wisdom, Shelter -------------------- The Pope

CAUDA DRACONIS (1,1,1,0) Dangerous Place, Off Limits Area - The Devil

There is a correspondence then between the tarot trumps of T2a and the sixteen geomantic figures. This does not show us that imagery on one was necessarily caused by the other. These two systems both come from people's unconscious mind, that is enough to make them correspond.

Congratz to Ross, Bee, and Lillie for their most excellent patience, imagination, and investigation! The Prize !!!

"C", please summarize for all of us again how the links were made. I know it's in the thread... (Oh yea, wasn't there something else about the Atu that did not match up to a Geomantic Character?)

Please don't close it yet?? The evidence is in that it could be done, right?
Top   #73
Citizen

cardlady22 
for the notes

I'm interested in a "Course Outline" of the stages to go through in case the discussion ends.

In my cut-and-paste text document I have this for the latter part:

Nakyou-l-khad - PUELLA - the Girl ( Virgin - in the sense of sobriety or abstinence )
TEMPERANCE

Djoudalah ( in some Arabic versions the Name for that Fig. can be transcribed as LINGAM or CLUB... ) - PUER - the Boy ( young Man / Rowdy )
the so called STRENGTH

Bayad - ALBUS - White ( in the sense of holyness or knowing GOD and his scripts... )
POPESS

Homrad - RUBEUS - Red ( the red One in the sense of Blood )
the so called DEATH

Al-atabat-ou-l-dakhilah - CAPUT ( DRACONIS ) - the ( Dragons ) Head ( in the sense of Wisdom and Shelter)
JUDGMENT

Al-atabat-ou-l-kharidjah - CAUDA ( DRACONIS ) - the ( Dragons ) Tail
- the so called DEVIL ( even when there is no ORIGINAL card in the Deck... )

I thought it was these 6 not used:

Empress, Emperor, Hierophant, Chariot, Star, Moon
Top   #74
Citizen

kwaw 

Would be a shame to close the thread, perhaps it just needs moving to a more appropriate section, tarot fun and games perhaps.
Top   #75
Resident

"C" 
to Moonbow...

...in a way cardlady22 and RexMalaki have answered your question - Im grateful for that - but I will still come back to it later - please have a little patience...

sincerely

C
Top   #76
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaw
Would be a shame to close the thread, perhaps it just needs moving to a more appropriate section, tarot fun and games perhaps.
My thoughts exactly!
Top   #77
Resident

"C" 
Welcome to the Fun and Games Section...

...Bernice decided to move us here - and certainly Im alright with that...

NOT because I think THIS is the right Place to be - but there are more sinister Places that we know of - dont we ?

And Life - or the "Liber Mundi" - is also about Fun - at least a little bit...

I hope you enjoy

C

P. S. : Now - as usual - I will do your posts - where necessary - one by one...
Top   #78
Resident

"C" 
to RexMalaki...

...its good to have You here and Im glad that Youve accepted my invitation...

***There is a correspondence then between the tarot trumps of T2a and the sixteen geomantic figures. This does not show us that imagery on one was necessarily caused by the other. These two systems both come from people's unconscious mind, that is enough to make them correspond.***

The point is that those 2 Systems didnt "come from people's unconscious mind" - the 16 and the 22 were made by purpose - some Authors consider the 16 to be the oldest known System in mankind's History - even older than the I Ching - witch You may also think to be "unconscious" - but this "unconsciousness" only belongs to the ways these Systems are USED in DIVINATION - what by the way isnt their PURPOSE - they were made to teach people - when their elements ( 16 - 22 - 64 ) are brought into a certain "chronological order" - for the 64 you may consult the writings of King Wen - for the 16 there are arabic pictures with the human body connecting them to certain parts - in a similar way you can find that the Hebrew Letters are connected to Bodyparts - except there its done wrong... ( if you are patient enough we will come to that in a year or two... ) - and for the 22...
...well you are already here...

***The evidence is in that it could be done, right?***

RIGHT !!

In the following post Ill come to Your list - which I appreciate very much - You got only wrong 2 cards ( You may look that up in the Thread ) - I will correct that - and summarize some things - as you requested...

C
Top   #79
Resident

"C" 
The FIRST Pair

Correspondences
of the 16 geomantic Characters
and the 20 (22) Atu of the Pierpoint-Morgan-Bergamo-Tarrocci Deck (Dal Negro Version) :

LATIN Name ---------- ( Character ) ------ English ------------------------------------ ATU

VIA ------------------- (1-1-1-1) ------- Way, Path --------------------------------- "the SUN"
((ONE little Angel with a scarf - "surfing" on a dark cloud to the left ( sunset ) holding up the "Sun" in his hands - beneath him a landscape which gets darker ( nightly ) to the background - in such way depicting the WAY or PATH of the Sun...
By the way his necklace shouldnt be overlooked - that as some friendly advice to Lillie - for a "Vision Aid" You might use the percentage button down right - if You are using OPERA - if not Im sure You can find another way to clarify Your view...
The Necklace contains 12 red treasures - naturally referring to the 12 signs of the Zodiac - through witch the Sun has to go on several astronomical / astrological stages - again and again and again... here you have another depiction of VIA... ))

POPULUS -------------- (2-2-2-2) ------ People, Citizens ------------------------------ "the WORLD"
((( TWO little Angels with the same scarfs and the same wings - holding up in an imaginary way (( because the scene is depicted as if the City on the Island ( a mythical City - "New Jerusalem" as an ideal place if you look it up...) can be seen through a hole in the Background... )) a "Vision" of the World... - and you should count the STARs above this New Jerusalem - 18 - because thats the next Stage and you couldnt get to this ideal Place without making the 16 become 18...
The Background and the Pattern on it is of very high Importance - if you look at the other Atu of this Deck there is also a pattern - but there the rug (( this is important too... because in those days ( oriental ) rugs were often used to grace the Walls )) design shows a pattern of diamonds - here the rug shows a BRICK pattern...
...and the LEFT Angel is pointing with his right hand or digit finger to his own chest ( looking at you - telling you something... ) He is the ONE - he is important - He has to leave to the left and become the ONE on the "Sun" card... )))

C
Top   #80

More in the Aeclectic Tarot Forum
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.