Herbal Tarot Study Group -Strength

merissa_88

Strength/Cayenne

A powerful woman is holding up a collapsing column. She directs it away from her. Her brilliant red hat and cloak match the peppers growing on the vine. It is easy to see that she is the real strength in this picture. She's strong without being overbearing. She is the power to stand up.

I love Cayenne. I take it often. It even helped me when I was feeling extremely tired. I would take a little Cayenne with water and feel energized. This helped me get through a difficult time until my doctor discovered I had a thyroid problem.

Soaring Eagle

You can see the major arcana cards in Constellation 8.

Description: A woman is seen casually touching a pillar, and the pillar is breaking apart. There is a large cayenne plant growing in front of the woman. There are mountains in the distance.

Significant Details: The crumbling pillar suggests strength coming from the woman. The cayenne signifies stimulating our strengths.

Keywords: Strength of the heart, Self-control, Compassion, Courage, Fortitude

Medicinal Uses: Cayenne is a circulatory stimulant, and externally is used for aches and pains (The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Healing Remedies by C. Norman Sheally MD,PHD).

My Interpretation: This is a time of learning to use our self-control, compassion, and fortitude to get things done. Courage can help you to realize your objectives. You may need to fortify yourself to stand up for your beliefs.

Number Significance: Strength is in Constellation 8 with XVII Star and the Eights. 8 - Self-Confidence, Fate, Perseverance, Power, Force, Kundalini Energy, Hope, Grace, Balance

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: This woman does not look overly strong, yet the pillar is crumbling at her touch. Maybe the cayenne has given her extra strength.