What kind of spread do you use for your daily draw?

Miss Woo

Three card open reading with my Soprafino, Il Meneghello deck.

astronautica

Because I'm following the Hallowquest course, my daily spread is currently:

Split the pack into Majors, Courts and Minors.

Shuffle minors, asking 'What will be my experience today?' and select a card face down
Shuffle courts asking 'Who will be my guide today?' and select a card face down
Shuffle majors asking 'Who will be my teacher today?' and select a card face down.

Turn cards over and interpret.

I like this spread. I sometimes do it the night before and ask about tomorrow, depending on what seems right.

Aerin

I love this spread! Thanks for sharing, I shall give it a whirl tomorrow. This reminds me that I still need to track down the Hallowquest books... ;)

I tend to use a three-card spread that BodhiSeed posted here:
Head - What do I need to know today?
Heart - What do I need to embrace?
Hands - What do I need to do?

Or,
What will my challenge for today be?
How can I overcome it?
What lesson will I learn?

Or, I'll draw a single card for the day and then reflect upon it in the evening with an end-of-day spread :)

rubyalison

I've been into tarot for years, but I've taken a lot of breaks from it too. (I'm still very much an amateur.)

Recently my nephew and sister got tarot cards and really inspired me to come back to tarot and I am feeling a much stronger sense of connection than I ever have before. I feel deeply like this time I've come back to stay.

The daily draw I am doing that works best for me is 2 cards. I do it in the morning while still in bed. I ask what message the tarot has for me today and draw a card as a the key message, then draw a second card as a clarifying/context card.

I used to just draw one card but find that the second card makes a world of difference in giving me a richer story, but still keeps the daily reading short and simple enough to be quick and focused.

stone_lotus

I tend to use a three-card spread that BodhiSeed posted here:
Head - What do I need to know today?
Heart - What do I need to embrace?
Hands - What do I need to do?

This looks very, very cool! I'm going to give it a try.

stone_lotus

For daily draws, I typically pick just one card. More than that and I have difficulty recalling it through-out the day.

The question I've been asking lately has been: "How can I make best use of my day today?" Then I'll draw one card and journal about possible applications.

Chrystella

During the month of January, I was doing a daily one-card draw. I'd shuffle the cards - both overhand and riffle - and then pick the card off the top of the pile. I was using an old RWS, no reversals.

This month, I've been doing a three-card spread, Body/Mind/Spirit. I shuffle, cut the cards into three piles, select one for each area, and pick the card off the top. I've been using the Centennial RWS and no reversals. It's been a little too time consuming for my mornings so I'm going to try something else in March.

Laura Borealis

Either one card, or three - within, without, advice.

csdude

Did you all notice that this thread is about 13 years old? LOL

My daily draw is only 1 card, unless I have multiple jumpers. I ask the cards, "please advise me for the upcoming day". Sometimes, I'll add "... especially in regards to..." if I have a specific concern for the day.

I like the idea of the 2nd clarifying card (mentioned by rubyalison), but I almost always have a jumper, so I just go with what falls out. If there are no jumpers, though, I might start following this procedure.

So, Ruby, when you pull the clarifying card, do you just pick the second card on top, or do you shuffle again?

On Sunday, I've been doing a 3-card spread:

1. What do I need to know about last week?
2. What do I need to know about this upcoming week?
3. What will be the future outcome of this week?

I don't do reversals, either, UNLESS it's a jumper. I figure that if it's important enough for the deck to throw it at me AND reverse it, then I should pay attention.

rubyalison

I like the idea of the 2nd clarifying card (mentioned by rubyalison), but I almost always have a jumper, so I just go with what falls out. If there are no jumpers, though, I might start following this procedure.

So, Ruby, when you pull the clarifying card, do you just pick the second card on top, or do you shuffle again?

I'm just taking the second card from the same shuffle.

Funny that I hardly ever get jumpers but I got one today, in which case I just stuck to the single card too.

Madrigal

Well, even though this thread is super old I'll share. I do either a daily draw, often chosen in the wee hours just after I awake from one of the 'card of the day' apps on my phone that I have the accompanying deck to. I spend some time with the card and then write my thoughts, feelings etc in Evernote. Then when I get up I locate the physical card from my deck and place it on my altar or somewhere I can see it easily throughout the day.

I'll vary the above with a three card draw that is either body, Soul/Spirit, mind or else this,

1 The general energy of the day
2 The areas of the day needing attention
3 The gift of today

I also have a deck I use specifically for dream/sleeping time which I choose before going to sleep. I spend some time with the card and then place it on my bedside table. In the morning I touch base with the card and record any dreams I might have as they relate to that card or any other impressions that come up.