Best Bargains

olivia1

Thank you, Auracana and OctoberGwen :)...and CBFdoll for making it possible!

Morwena said:
My best bargains were would-bes;, twice in the last few years I found decks for sale at neighborhood tag sales, for a dollar or two, but I passed them by because they were decks I already had. I'm not into duplicates, unless I were to get a dup of one I use a lot in case something gets lost. I did pick up a Doreen Virtue deck at a tag sale, for amusement value.

well, if "would Be"s count then yesterday I found the Victorian Romantic Tarot Set (or book, still unsure) for 23.97USD on Amazon. I originally bought it but then canceled because I figured that someone would love the set more than I would have. I figured, I'd return the favor CBFdoll gave me (with the Bohemian Gothic set) to another AT member....now I just hope that VR on Amazon actually turns out to be legit.

tarotmama

olivia1 said:
well, if "would Be"s count then yesterday I found the Victorian Romantic Tarot Set (or book, still unsure) for 23.97USD on Amazon. I originally bought it but then canceled because I figured that someone would love the set more than I would have. I figured, I'd return the favor CBFdoll gave me (with the Bohemian Gothic set) to another AT member....now I just hope that VR on Amazon actually turns out to be legit.

If it turns out legit it will definitely be my best bargain. I have the deck but have been trying desperately to find the book. I told myself the most I'd spend on the book was $50, so even the *chance* that what I'm getting will include the book is worth $30 I spent on that yesterday and if it's *just* the book, I will be totally thrilled.

Little Hare

it must have been my dad today for tarot and oracles... I got

Witches tarot-Ellen Cannon Reed for $3 ( i don't even like it so will probably use it for trading)

Sharman caseli tarot- $9

I-Ching cards $9 woooohooo!

rwcarter

I got a vintage Morgan Greer with the faded blue backs and variable star patterns on the back for $9 at a used bookstore. There's no box or LWB, but I don't care.

The backs of the cards look a little dirty, but the fronts look pristine and the sides are rough like they've never been used.

Interestingly enough, the patterns are different than my dark blue-backed vintage edition with variable star patterns.

Rodney

OctoberGwen

That's a good one, Rodney!

I got a still-sealed Vanessa for $3.50 on amazon yesterday. :)

nisaba

Balbi. All that primary-coloured seventies goodness. A year or two I wandered into a second-hand bookshop, and found a copy under glass. It looked worn. I lo-o-ove worn decks! Asked the lady if I could see it. Opened the worn box, and took the even more worn cards out gingerly. I had to be careful, because they would have disintegrated in my hands if I had not been tender with them - you could read newsprint through some of the Major Arcana, and all of them were furry and floppy. Well-used, well-loved cards. I could feel the adrenalin levels creep up.

And someone had, with fountain pen, written keywords all over them, quite kooky ones that seemed to belong to no Tarot system I'd ever known about. Even better! By now I was almost wetting myself with desire.

There was a price on it which was a complete steal. Not believing my own audacity, I actually mentioned to the shopkeeper that the cards had writing all over them, and would she consider discounting them. I held my breath. She sold them to me for approximately the cost of a small cup of hot chips. I was broker than usual and I didn't have lunch when I was out that day, but I scored a great deck, far better than a mint-condition deck, one that had been loved and used and broken in and personalised.

I couldn't believe my luck. A small amount of unhealthy, tasteless junk-food ... or THIS! Bargain!

Vesper

darn it, nisaba! You have me craving french fries now! (and your deck sounds lovely, too.)

nisaba

<grin>

minrice

Awwwww...and I just got on here to brag about the Balbi I found over the weekend. Great box, still in its shrinkwrap, for $14. Your copy sounds so much cooler Nisaba!