moonstone & rainbow moonstone

Hemera

Hemera - is Spectrolite quite common and easy to find in Finland?
Oh, I wish! I´ve never found it anywhere myself. There are some mines in the Eastern parts of the country and they are claimed by some companies. I think the companies arrange excursions to the areas where you can try to find it yourself, though.

Bhavana

Just wanted to show you all my moonstone ring, I picked it up from the jeweler yesterday, had to have one of the missing stones replaced. This ring was originally a gift from my grandfather to my grandmother, probably sometime in the 1920's. Then it was my mother's, then came to me - with one of the stones missing, so I have never worn it - but always loved it. The stone is not as grey in person - I took the pic outside, maybe it is reflecting the gloomy grey sky!

I am finally getting around to doing all the things that I have been putting off for years - one of them going thru my old jewelry and fixing anything that needs it - no use having the stuff if I can't wear it!

Attachments

• moonstone ring 005.jpg
    moonstone ring 005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 135

minrice

Oooooo, it is so beautiful Bhavana! So lucky to have such a special piece of jewelry.

hollyelizabeth

"white moonstone" or "rainbow moonstone" are the same thing - both a form of labradorite/spectrolite.

it's also often called "indian moonstone".

hollyelizabeth

Just wanted to show you all my moonstone ring, I picked it up from the jeweler yesterday, had to have one of the missing stones replaced. This ring was originally a gift from my grandfather to my grandmother, probably sometime in the 1920's. Then it was my mother's, then came to me - with one of the stones missing, so I have never worn it - but always loved it. The stone is not as grey in person - I took the pic outside, maybe it is reflecting the gloomy grey sky!

I am finally getting around to doing all the things that I have been putting off for years - one of them going thru my old jewelry and fixing anything that needs it - no use having the stuff if I can't wear it!

oh my goodness what a stunning ring!