"Crosstown Traffic" Major Arcana Study Plan

Barleywine

This sub-forum has been kind of dormant lately, so I thought I would add something.

I had a 25-card "diamond" layout on my hands that I couldn't figure out what to do with. I started tinkering by adding numbers in various patterns and finally realized that I could fit 21 of the Major Arcana and the four Aces into the model, and then add the Fool as a kind of "free agent" along the lines that Cherry Gilchrist discusses in her book, Tarot Triumphs. What I came up with is a B.O.T.A color-coded tool for studying the Major Arcana in various groups and sets. It resembles an abstract expressionist painting I once saw in an NYC museum that had something to do with a traffic jam, but I can't remember what it is, so I named this after the Jimi Hendrix song. It does remind me of the attached Paul Klee painting and the photo of the Chinese traffic jam.

I have no idea what this might lead to beyond looking at the card combinations in novel ways, but I like the look of its numerical structure. Instead of a Magic Square, it looks like a "Magic Diamond" or maybe a "Mystic Spiral."

Attachments

• Crosstown Traffic Layout.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 373
  • Chinese Traffic Jam.jpg
    Chinese Traffic Jam.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 287
  • paul-klee-farbtafel-c-1930.jpg
    paul-klee-farbtafel-c-1930.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC00127.JPG
    DSC00127.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 295

Barleywine

I'm updating this to include a revised Major Arcana map and a new Minor Arcana map. I had to get creative to make the Minor Arcana model work to my satisfaction. This is "way off the beaten path" stuff, so I'm not really expecting much for comments. Call this my "post-Korzybski manifesto;" the map IS the territory, or at least has a lot to say about its dimensions.

Attachments

• Crosstown Traffic Pip Layout.pdf
    46.7 KB · Views: 369
  • Crosstown Traffic Trump Layout.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 358

Barleywine

Here is the final series of "maps" in one document.

Attachments

• The Crosstown Traffic Series of Tarot Study Maps.pdf
    238.7 KB · Views: 341