Celestine Prophecy

re-pete-a

Teheuti,
Your post prompts another along the same lines.

Was it Michael Angelo that answered, to questions about his sulpture" David"

"He was always there, all I did was chip away the dross".

If it wasn't him then it's still an interesting look at a 'starting point'

So, if a chip is removed from your dross by the Celestine Prophecy books ,or, any other source it's a good thing.

Yet , even if it's considered in a negitive light, it still indicates that you've passed that waypoint in your searchings.

Lleminawc

Aerin said:
Anyone IMO who claims to have:
THE solution no-one else has thought of
THE answer
THE route to spiritual awareness

is suspect...

I know, that's me.
No it's not just you. I've found that the greatest teachers in any walk of life, from computer science to qabalah, are characterised by their humility and openness to challenging ideas. Perhaps the greatest teacher in the Western tradition, Socrates, never claimed to know anything special but conducted his teaching by asking hard questions.

gregory

Aerin said:
I remember a trainer once getting very annoyed about "secret" knowledge he felt should be open to everyone, and not made as hard as it was to acquire (he did run a training company though so had an interest in selling his stuff, although he was very up front about this). He used to do Transcendental Meditation training and stopped because of the mystique and secrecy agreements surrounding it.

THE answer

is suspect...
Exactly ! It makes for exclusiveness in the worst way, when all knowledge should be shared, IMHO. This is technically OT as I haven't read the book, and unless Lillie unloads her copy on me, I shan't. But if you can say that, I can say this !

Teheuti said:
"Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth."
--Pablo Picasso
Yes. But what constitutes art ? }) I don't believe that - e.g. - a Silhouette Romance will help me to realise anything except that sometimes they glue them together wrong at the printers, and so the characters and locations all change names in the middle, but as they are all so similar, the plot still holds together somehow.... I suppose even that is a truth in its way, but...

Lillie

gregory said:
This is technically OT as I haven't read the book, and unless Lillie unloads her copy on me, I shan't. But if you can say that, I can say this !

I'm assuming it's still in the house somewhere.
If it is you are welcome to it.

Honestly, I have been trying to off load it for a long time.
No one wants it.

I may just send it you whether you want it or not...
I'm generous like that.

Teheuti

Aerin said:
THE answer

is suspect...
I agree that's good grounds for suspicion but it shouldn't be a final condemnation without examining the situation further.

Some who love the Marseille deck and hate the Golden Dawn ones (RWS, BOTA, Thoth, etc.) would use this criteria as a reason to reject all the GD material.

Ultimately, this became the sticking point between Paul Foster Case and the GD in that Case was sharing info he found in the public library that the GD claimed were higher order secrets and not to be shared with the lower order. And yet Case was reluctant to leave the GD (though he resigned he was forced out by the circumstances).

There is a metaphysical concept that says there are really three levels of initiation.

At the first level you believe everything you are told—you take in the myths as truth.

Then you learn that you've been told a lie. You either leave or you choose to continue. Continuing in full consciousness of the lies is the 2nd level initiation.

The third level is when you realize the truth in the lies.

Of course, there's a fourth level that's beyond all this. So the "three levels" is a lie in itself, which in an effort at full disclosure I'm going ahead and disclosing.

Teheuti

gregory said:
Yes. But what constitutes art ? }) I don't believe that - e.g. - a Silhouette Romance will help me to realise anything
If it makes you realize the truth then it's art.

Isn't that what we really mean when we talk about the "art" of reading the tarot?

gregory

Teheuti said:
At the first level you believe everything you are told—you take in the myths as truth.

Then you learn that you've been told a lie. You either leave or you choose to continue. Continuing in full consciousness of the lies is the 2nd level initiation.

The third level is when you realize the truth in the lies.

Of course, there's a fourth level that's beyond all this. So the "three levels" is a lie in itself, which in an effort at full disclosure I'm going ahead and disclosing.
It almost sounds as if there cannot be a lie. But there certainly can.....

Teheuti

gregory said:
It almost sounds as if there cannot be a lie. But there certainly can.....
Of course there can be lies. All novels are lies, as is most art and a lot of nature (creatures that mimic others for survival, etc.). In the magical universe, "reality" exists on many levels. Presenting a lie as a truth is one part of the magical world. That doesn't mean you have to "like" it. And sometimes you have to do something to stop the lies—to uncover them. With magic, you enter the world of the trickster - buyer beware. It's a slippery place and finding your way ethically is not always easy, but it is essential.

Some people can never give themselves over to the magic. That's okay, and that's why it's an initiatory path—to protect the person for whom it's not an appropriate path as well as to do the magic safely.

Teheuti

Lleminawc said:
I've found that the greatest teachers in any walk of life, from computer science to qabalah, are characterised by their humility and openness to challenging ideas.
Exactly! And a truly humble and open person will be open to the possibility that someone claiming to have exclusive truth might just have something worth knowing. Pride in not listening to a whole group of people is not humility.

A friend of mine refused Western medicine and went to the Philippine healers when she got cancer. After meeting and studying with many of them she asked the wisest what she had to do to heal her cancer. The healer told her she had to submit to the Western doctors and surgery. Because, the healer explained, my friend's pride and inflexibility was what was really at the base of her illness. And Western medicine was what could help her most.

re-pete-a

Funny you should say that Teheuti,
Because of the surrendering to negitive physical events and their results, it's now clear that there's a BODY MIND as well.

in other words there's a duality in the mental field as well.

None of these many personal discoveries would have come to light if books like The Celestine Prophecies hadn't been read,pondered and passed to gain another book and experiences that opened the mind to further experiencial possibilities.