Attention, edgers, gilders, and blingers: what are your tools of choice?

G6

If it comes with an extra card or two like many decks do, that's what I sometimes test materials on to see what they'll really look like... (you know, like a title card or something)

Weird, this deck came with two blank cards nothing printed on them. I tried the liquid highlighter. It is fluorescent. The waxy finish and the liquid leave an edge on the face side that's not uniform.

I might be better off with a Neon Sharpie instead of their liquid highlighter? Anyone use these Neon Sharpies? Is it more like just a regular Sharpie?

mercuryempress

I have, and it does look great. Just keep a paper towel handy, as it can be a little messy sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice here are the finished results..it did get a tiny bit messy around the borders meaning not perfect but I like it

G6

Neon Sharpie

Got the Neon Sharpies. They glow in the dark under black light.

Plan to use the yellow one to edge the mass market Wild Unknown.

Anyone try these markers yet?

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 204

G6

Opinions?

Hey All!

I have a black cardbacks/white border issue with the Lo Scarabeo Tarot (see pics). I'm a little hesitant to Marks-A-Lot it because I don't want a black edge on the face side. I could go silver too.

Thoughts?

BEFORE PICS FRONT AND BACK...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 37.jpg
    FullSizeRender 37.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 226
  • FullSizeRender 39.jpg
    FullSizeRender 39.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 237

FLizarraga

Hey All!

I have a black cardbacks/white border issue with the Lo Scarabeo Tarot (see pics). I'm a little hesitant to Marks-A-Lot it because I don't want a black edge on the face side. I could go silver too.

Thoughts?

A black edge is a distinct, unsightly possibility. Try the silver first. Even if it runs, it's not as bad.

Though of course, if you trim the white, you could do gold, and that would look spectacular, no matter what side.

P.S. Sorry, haven't tried the neon Sharpies.

G6

A black edge is a distinct, unsightly possibility. Try the silver first. Even if it runs, it's not as bad.

Though of course, if you trim the white, you could do gold, and that would look spectacular, no matter what side.

P.S. Sorry, haven't tried the neon Sharpies.

All good ideas. Why did LoScar make the icon silver and the border gold? šŸ˜

FLizarraga

Thanks for the advice here are the finished results..it did get a tiny bit messy around the borders meaning not perfect but I like it

Oh, me like it! :D And I can't really spot the messiness.

decan

Thanks for the tips in this thread!
I would like to blacken the edges of my Tinker's Damn (with its esoteric extension), maybe as well my Bonefire Tarot already trimmed (I'm not sure currently for this last one).

Well I ordered Avery Marks-A-Lot black permanent markers for a perfect result!
I will probably try at first on a unexpensive pocker deck because I never did this and the Tinker's Damn (jumbo size) is rather expensive, so I want to be prudent!

decan

May I ask folks: for those who have blackened the edges of a deck that they use very often; over time, with shufflings, the black edges age well and just slightly taint?
I prefer to ask that before I blacken a deck.