Waite and Asperger's Syndrome???

Richard

I scored 29 on that test. Average is 16.4. I'm never very close to average on tests like that, thank God/Goddess!

Teheuti

I scored 20. Whatever that means???

The crowned one

I scored a 10 on AQ. I know my IQ, it is 143. My math is very strong. I do not recall my social IQ.

I feel Waite was pretty typical for a Victorian era self perceived intellect based on my readings of his and my understanding of the schoolng sytem in place from a gestalt psychology sort of view... So much more structure, precision then, then now. He is just a bit dryer.

Richard

The crowned one said:
.....I feel Waite was pretty typical for a Victorian era self perceived intellect based on my readings of his and my understanding of the schoolng sytem in place from a gestalt psychology sort of view... So much more structure, precision then, then now. He is just a bit dryer.
It's not so much the structure and precision, it is the way he tends to circle around and around a topic, seemingly without ever appreciably narrowing the diameter of the spiral. For example, in The Hidden Church of the Holy Grail, in a section supposedly summarizing the lesser Grail hallows, it starts out with the sentence, "The Hallows of the Graal legend are the beginning of its wonders and of its meanings only; but, as I have intimated already, the greater includes the lesser, and that which is of all the highest has assumed from the beginning in its symbolism the things by which it is surrounded." Does it get any clearer? Not very. On and on it goes until one gives up from sheer exhaustion.

The crowned one

Double post.

The crowned one

Yes I agree, he writes as if he has a secret he wishes he could share, but we are not worthy or, perhaps ready for. I was talking about late Victorian education in general. It was cut and dry, letters had a certain shape, sentences a certain structure...

Richard

The crowned one said:
Yes I agree, he writes as if he has a secret he wishes he could share, but we are not worthy or, perhaps ready for. I was talking about late Victorian education in general. It was cut and dry, letters had a certain shape, sentences a certain structure...
Yes, it is a very dry literary style. William Morris was a master if it, but not Waite. Yet there is a wealth of information in Waite's writings. His scholarship is generally impeccable. One naturally wants to find out what he is trying to say, but doing so can be so extremely frustrating.....I don't think that all of the circumlocutions are simply due to his trying to hide esoteric secrets. He doesn't come across as a sadistic type who is merely trying to tantalize readers.

gregory

Teheuti said:
I scored 20. Whatever that means???
31 :D IQ is around 160.

NO idea about Social - but if 100 is very sociable or anything, I would be around 0.5 :D

ETA Phooey. Just found an SQ test - but it doesn't give a NUMBER, just tells you where your alleged strengths are. And another one that is so STUPID I refuse to play !

Richard

gregory said:
31 :D IQ is around 160.

NO idea about Social - but if 100 is very sociable or anything, I would be around 0.5 :D
I think the higher the score, the less sociable.

IQ of 160?!?! I thought mine (140) was high. Jeeze! I'm retarded. :(

gregory

LRichard said:
I think the higher the score, the less sociable.

IQ of 160?!?! I thought mine (140) was high. Jeeze! I'm retarded. :(
They were testing me for autism (well, whatever they called it back then !) and being antisocial at the time - don't feel bad. :D

You don't want to be the kid I was ! (You probably don't want to be the adult I became... }))

And OK, then my SQ must be around 572 !!!