Weiser Mini PCS Tarot

KariRoad

Weiser Mini PCS Tarot

As I have noticed the increased interest in Weiser editions of the PCS Tarot, I wished to share a little information on the Weiser Mini edition.

I usually "date" editions by the price requested for a USGames catalogue, listed on the inside of the back of the LWB. For the 2 boxes shown in the image link below, the 1st edition requests .15 cents, and the 3rd edition .50 cents. I estimate the 3rd edition was 1974, and probably the last for which a Weiser printing was made.

=click on link below to view=
WeiserPCSminiKR.jpg

Cheers!
KariRoad

rwcarter

Thanks, I think, KariRoad. :(

I have a few vintage USG mini-RWS but no Weiser ones. (Didn't even know such a creature existed.) Now the completionist in me has one more thing to search for.... :p

Rodney

KariRoad

Hi Rodney,

As a side note, the LWBs for both Minis are imprinted USGames. With the full size PCS decks, the LWBs 'alternate' overall, with most being a Weiser imprint, but a significant percentage regular USG. Also, some boxes have a Weiser sticker on the box top, over the standard USG. Basically, marketing rules (supply and demand) so anything for a sale.

Side side note: the Minis were the last decks to have the copyright imprint (sometime late '90s).

Cheers!
KariRoad

PS; A trifecta deluxe (for a regular deck) would be a Weiser box and LWB with a Blushing Fool (and of course, 2 blanks).

dadsnook2000

An older mini

My mini deck is a 1968 Frankie Albano published by Tarot Productions, Inc., PO Box 46266, Los Angelos, CA 90046.

The zip code has me puzzled, didn't they come into being a bit after 1968? Is this a later deck than the 1968 copyright indicates? The yellow box has the Sun on the front cover. The two ends have the words "TAROT CARDS" and (in small print) TAROT PRODUCTIONS, INC. The two sides say "MINIATURE" in large letters and "TAROT CARDS" in smaller letters.

My sense is that I purchased this in the early 1980s period. Dave

Kid Shamrock

Zip codes were introduced in 1963 and became mandatory for 2nd and 3rd class bulk mail in 1967.

dadsnook2000

Thanks

Thanks for the zip code information. Time flies. In our area our town (Southborough, MA) had attempted to get the zip code 01776 but that was assigned to Sudbury, MA where Longfellow's Wayside Inn is located. Dave

gregory

OH MAN.... climbs stairs again with shin splint. Back soon...

:D

Mine is a Weiser !

now the completionist in ME needs the OTHER one !

ETA many moons later, so now I have one - bless Pipistrelle's latest sale ! BUT - it is a Muller, and just says "Mini Rider Waite Tarot dow the box sides...